The Heart of the Lagoon

Josh

Just back from the farm where we "discovered" some oysters that had been put aside on a seldom (read: never) used line. Third graft oysters that had been there for possibly over ten years. The majority was garbage but this 19.1 X 18.8mm obviously is something to get excited about. It's the largest clean semiround we have ever harvested. There is only one spot on it. We have named it the Heart of the Lagoon. The surrounding pearls are all little first graft wonders.
19mm576.jpg

Last edited:
Criminey! The whole lot is amazing, but the "Heart" is absolutely incredible! WWOWW!!

:eek: What a contrast! Both in size and color!
Please tell us, will you be keeping it or will you be selling it? (If the latter, I bet most PGers will be at each others throats over this one. ;) Myself included.)

Josh, every time you post photos, I want to come visit your island. The "Heart of the Lagoon" is a beauty. Are you sure you don't have any other lines floating around that haven't been checked in a few years?!

Wow, they're all so beautiful. Imagine a 'Heart of the Lagoons' necklace, do you harvest many white colour pearls?

Seems like I should be able to reach out and pick them right off the screen! "Heart" obviously has stolen more hearts than just mine!

"Heart" and those first graft wonders are all stunning. Thanks for sharing your find with us!

That's stunning!

It deserves a substantial setting.

I would set it as a pendant, on a pave diamond "lagoon" to reflect its heritage :)

DK :)

I am speechless...

Josh, is the Heart of the Lagoon indeed silver grey, or is just a photo effect against the darker ones? Are there overtones there?

Olga

I like the small colored ones better, but it is indeed a big and clean pearl!

It looks like a moon...beautiful! (But I, too, like the small colored ones more :D)

It looks like a moon...beautiful! (But I, too, like the small colored ones more :D)

Like those near the bottom of the photo displaying amazing peacock overtone! :D

DK :)

Wow, Josh, what a stunning beauty. PersonallyI hope you don't sell it but keep as a talisman of what pearl production is really about. I love how the satiny white surface reflects the golds, greens. and purples of the other pearls. It kinda reminds me of Christmas morning..

love it

Jen

Josh, Josh, Josh, you bring us such stunning images. That is a stunning pearl in a sea of smaller, yet stunning pearls. We were just e watching "House" (a TV medical detective show here) where the woman physician on the show wears some lovely pearls. Today, it was a huge single tahitian on a gold choker. This is even "huger"! Thank you so much for sharing with us.
John

So... you are saying that in the 19mm monster there's barely a 10mm nucleus?

What gorgeous pearls!! Talk about finding burried treasure!!

white

white

That is a huge one with smooth surface. I like the color ones better though, especially the ones with bluish color.

Last edited:
Holy wow Josh! I think I'm in love with the Heart of the Lagoon.

Can I write a book about it? It'll be about a young pirate who is searching the world for a pearl he has in his mind. He learns all kinds of martial arts (hence the term 'foot') and then he finds it!! The perfect pearl. And the fight is on! In the ensuing drama, he turns green. Becomes the protector of pearls. Learns that there is a rhythm to all of life. Falls in love with a woman who wants to nurture the pearls as much or more than he doe. She helps him learn all about the pearl beds. (There has to be a love interest or the movie won't sell).
Wadda ya think so far?
barbie

Back