The designer's corner

Oooh, stunning clasp!
Look forward to the neck shot...

Seeing so many Tahitian harvest strands on P-G, I was inspired to make my own, albeit a less expensive one.

I took apart my short multicolor metallic necklace from PP and mixed it with two strands I also had on hand, 7mm metallic lavender drops and 9mm white baroque akoyas. Then I threw in a handful of dyed golden freshwater buttons for an extra, extra pop of color.

I made enough for two necklaces, one 20" and another, 34", but I wear them together as one rope.

People at work have complimented me on them. Most of them had never seen a harvest strand and had never thought you could mix and match so many colors and shapes in one necklace.

I just tell them, "White round pearls will always be classic, but harvest strands are fun!"

IMG_2631H.jpgIMG_2633.jpgIMG_2635.jpgIMG_2637.jpg

Last edited:
Seeing so many Tahitian harvest strands on P-G, I was inspired to make my own, albeit a less expensive one.

I took apart my short multicolor metallic necklace from PP and mixed it with two strands I also had on hand, 7mm metallic lavender drops and 9mm white baroque akoyas. Then I threw in a handful of dyed golden freshwater pearls for an extra, extra pop of color.

I made enough for two necklaces, one 20" and another, 34", but I wear them together as one rope.

People at work have complimented me on them. Most of them had never seen a harvest strand and had never thought you could mix and match so many colors and shapes in one necklace.

I just tell them, "White round pearls will always be classic, but harvest strands are fun!"

If you follow our blog you're going to get a real kick out of the post that is scheduled for 8:30 am tomorrow ;)

Thanks, everyone!

GemGeek, your encouragement means a lot to me.

Jeremy, I can't wait to see what the PP blog has in store. (But I suspect I know what it may be.)

Katbran, it looks like Fall is the season of the harvest strand, in all possible interpretations.

Lindaphillipsbong, thanks. This is definitely a keeper for me.

If you follow our blog you're going to get a real kick out of the post that is scheduled for 8:30 am tomorrow ;)

Your own freshwater harvest strand; I thought so! Such varied shapes, too--you're a much braver designer than me.

Jeremy, your harvest strands are all beautiful, and the freshwater harvest strand is dreamy! I'd be in for a vault strand too, and as I prefer keshi to big souffle, you can leave the souffles to your boss for my future geodes :) Have a great pearl hunting tripo.

Back