The August Tahitian Sale 2016

I received my strand a few days ago. The colors are beautiful, lots of blues which I love but of course can't capture well in photos. I have baroque Tahitian strands with incredible luster, and I will say the luster on this strand isn't quite as sharp. I know this is a trade off, as these are large, round pearls.
I admit I bought this without much thought, and I think I'm starting to second guess myself. I've never looked at strands in this league and now I'm wondering if I should look at others.
Does anyone who attends the ruckus and visits PP have any thoughts on how these August sale strands compare to other strands available. From what I read PP has lots in their vault, but maybe not this nice?
I really do love the pearls, I think I'm just needing some reassurance!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 30
They are gorgeous! I assume they are these you posted about earlier?

View attachment 44334This one caught my attention this morning. Described as AAA 9.4 - 11.7 round strand, dark silver with blue and green overtones. I had no intention of buying anything, no need for any more Tahitians.
So I will post pictures when it arrives.

Attachments

• Starfish's Tahitians1.jpg
    Starfish's Tahitians1.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 28
  • starfish's Tahitians2.jpg
    starfish's Tahitians2.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 32
  • starfish's Tahitians3.jpg
    starfish's Tahitians3.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 28
Oh thank you for straightening me! Yes, I should have specified, this is the strand I posted about earlier

Starfish they look amazing and might blue to me. Especially the last shot..
Would u like to post one with your baroque strand so we can compare?
I am loving the colour.

I feel if you are excited about the luster: you can see yourself like a mirror, but rounds seem to have a softer luster sometimes. The pearls are clean from blemishes, and they are truly round, color is what you want it might be a keeper, they are AAA . You can ask PP to send pictures of other strands, maybe lighter and darker AAA to compare. To me it is fabulous.

I adore that strand! But none of that matters if you aren't feeling it..sometimes the "bond" isn't immediate and sometimes it doesn't come at all. If you are having doubts I think it is a good idea to think about what you really want in a strand. Since you've said you have a baroque strand that has great luster, maybe you keep this because of the awesome roundness and possible different coloring than the baroque one? If roundness is not the most important thing then these may not be the strand for you, since you say the luster may be lacking for you.

In any event, they are stunning and look fantastic on you! If you did decide to keep them I think you would get many compliments!

Bailey, between the deep colors, sharp luster, and roundish shapes, I think that strand is a winner!

Starfish, I think those shades of blue look beautiful on you! What size are the pearls? They look quite substantial on you.

This looks like a beautiful strand to me! It appears absolutely lovely on you!!!

I think they look lovely ! The colours suit you and the size looks great. As for lustre it looks nice, bit hard to tell from photos . You certainly seem pretty unsure ..what size are they ? And , I too would like to see a photo , on white paper towel please, of your other Tahitians next to your new ones..

Last edited:
View attachment 44334This one caught my attention this morning. Described as AAA 9.4 - 11.7 round strand, dark silver with blue and green overtones. I had no intention of buying anything, no need for any more Tahitians.
So I will post pictures when it arrives.

From this, they are 9.4 -11.7mm.

Which is a beautiful size on you, starfish.

My absolute hands down favorite strand has more satiny luster (but perfectly round, blue/green/silver/white pearls)...The size and shape make up for less sharp luster. Usually I do prefer crisp luster over all other factors, but the color on this strand is what won me over. Yours is a gorgeous strand, however, if you want one with sharper luster, it will likely cost more based on the shapes of the pearls. There are always trade-offs...whether or not you love the strand should be the main consideration; if it doesn't get worn, it will always be a regretful purchase.

@Starfish, I think that strand looks drop dead gorgeous on you. Wow!

Your colorful new strand is lovely too, Bailey. :)

I had planned to sit this one out but then I saw a cutie I couldn't pass up for only $435- "6.8-7.9 mm AA+ Oval Tahitian Pearl Necklace." Baby Tahitians, aren't they? Can't wait.

Last edited:
Starfish, there were not a lot of blue strands at the ruckus; I was looking for blues into silvers and missed this one ... it's stunning!!!

Starfish your pearls are gorgeous . So blue! But definitely take your time to think it over. If this isn't the strand for you that's okay, there will be other beautiful pearls.

Thank you all for your nice comments and replies. I will try to post pictures with my baroques later today. I am leaning towards keeping these, as the color is amazing, as is the size. I think I needed to get past my "what if there is something better" thinking. It is an incredible strand.
Being able to get immediate feedback from the pearl experts here has been invaluable. I greatly appreciate it as it has helped my thought process.

I have a weakness for blue pearls. Your strand is really, very lovely and the pearls look much larger than 9-11mm. I think the luster looks great, but these are photos and it is hard to tell. I have read that baroques usually tend to have more luster than round pearls because of their uneven shapes and how the nacre is thicker in some areas. I'm curious to see them with your baroques.

Back