The August Tahitian Sale 2016

Sea Urchin

Show your loot!

I'm probably not getting anything as I'm so bad I've already bought my own pearl presents for my birthday, anniversary and Christmas, which are not until next winter. Strangely, DH likes this (he says he appreciates how it lets him off the hook for shopping, the poor innocent dear).

However, I really like the value of oval strands that look round from a distance.

So, someone please buy this and post lots of pics.

What do you think?

https://www.pearlparadise.com/colle...cts/80-105-mm-aa-tahitian-oval-pearl-necklace

oval tahitian strand.jpg

Last edited:
So many gorgeous strands. I'm not confident in my ability to 'read' the photos though. I think I would need to see them in person. Too bad I live on the other side of the world :(

I'm sitting out this round coz I have a pastel strand coming my way.
They are gorgeous. There is a circle one with gold overtones (according to description ) that I'm so interested to see what it looks like irl.

I'm sitting out this round, too. I just got back from Ruckus with loot.

Ugh I'm so tempted by this! I didn't pay much attention to the Tahitians at the Ruckus because there were SO MANY other trays & bins to plow through and I was on the hunt for pretty specific things. And of course I thought I had too much Tahitians already. But there are some very pretty strands at good price for this round of sales.

Kalmen I totally saw the strand you're talking about and had saved it in my wishlist along with another pretty silvery strand.

Ugh this is killing me!

So very tempting! I just got some stuff from the other sale, and have so many projects up in the air, I must resist. That's gorgeous, though, Sea Urchin! You should get it ;)

PP really does have some good pricing on these strands. Probably some of the best value to be had, quite honestly. Also, check out Pure Pearls too...they are having an exotic sale with some lovely things as well. August seems to be a great time for pearl shopping.

Purr i know what you mean... i keep looking at it every day.. Someone buy it and save me!

Thats the problem with pearls.. the all look so unique (not to the hubs unfortunately, or maybe fortunately so he doesn't discover my drawer full of pearls). My list of wants just keeps on growing. Le sigh.

I have an appt tomorrow at PP for a new project...
I CANNOT BE TEMPTED to buy another Tahitian strand!! Please somebody talk me down - Ive become an addict!! A pastel rope is on the way, not to mention the ruckus loot and the new project. This can't be happening...

What? You're going BACK to PP so soon.

I think I'm jealous. I couldn't possibly talk you down. I just bought something from Sarah. SHHHHHH! Greg didn't hear that.

Imgarden pastel rope????? Oh my! Can't wait to see that. If the big shipment of strands arrived sorry to say I don't think you'll be safe. I'm only sort of relieved that they weren't there for the ruckus or I would have been looking real hard through them.

The small Tahitian strands and the others are all together. 12,000 pearls so that will be lots of stands. Cathy was just there maybe Tuesday and they hadn't arrived yet.

Oh No... You mean to say I'm gonna have to pass up baby Tahitians tomorrow?? Maybe they haven't arrived... or maybe they'll arrive while I'm there....I think I might cave...

BW, please do show and tell when your Kojma treasure arrives!

This is sooo good to know. I really want to buy a new strand of Tahitians for my birthday in September and I'm looking for a specific colour. With 12,000 pearls I think I will find what I'm looking for.
Are the pearls loose or already in hanks?

Bailey 1856, I was at PP today, the baby Tahitians are still not in. I believe they were sent out to be knotted, but I could be wrong. Their current inventory of Tahitians are not babies, but boy are they lovely!

This is sooo good to know. I really want to buy a new strand of Tahitians for my birthday in September and I'm looking for a specific colour. With 12,000 pearls I think I will find what I'm looking for.
Are the pearls loose or already in hanks?

They were sent a couple of months ago to be drilled and put into strands. Here is a link to the PP blog that tells about the pearls and the new strands we are waiting for.

http://blog.pearlparadise.com/2016/05/itsy-bitsy-teeny-weeny-little-pearls-from-tahiti/

Back