Tahitian Pearl Farming: A day in the life...

:D:D:D:D;):)OK, that was a MOMENT:)! Thanks for the giggles! Now, as my Dad used to yell up the stairs when he'd hear a ruckus after lights out "Settle down! Don't make me come up there!"

Josh 1, ;)
Good to see you on the forum again are you also back in Kamoka ?

Hey Lisa, haha yeah that one rang in our house too. :)

Nora are you branding me :D ? No, I'm writing this from the green and soon to be much greener Pacific North West. Spring is just kicking in here and it's pretty amazing. I've never seen a proper spring in my whole life. I'll be going to the farm in May. Can't wait!

Yeah, spring in Texas is memorable, too. Right now I am sitting on the front porch and have the tress ganging up on me. It is literally raining yellow pollen and prickly acorn nuts.

Hiya Josh! and you know what? It was never my Mom that said it (at least not until I was 50, and then she was kidding. Sorta). She knew better - we knew she was a softie. Only Daddy had the weight to make the threat mean something;). That, plus the "Don't make me pull over" warning for fussing in the car. Hey, did you have that threat when you were on a boat, too???grin

Enjoy your first Spring! Is it the first for your younguns, too?

Hi Ramona - Duck and cover, get away from that pollen, girl.

Last edited:
Haha, yeah it was something to the effect of "Don't make me drop this anchor!"

Yup, first spring for the whole family. Just makes you want to get off the computer and get outside. :)

Ramona that's great that you can sit on the front porch. Here it's still a bit chilly to be outside and not moving.

30?C here this afternoon at the beach. (86?F). A nice 2m swell and the first casualty of the season.

p1060824.jpg

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!
Effisk, you're KILLING me with that. Sunshine, ocean, swell and sweet temperatures... I thought I was coping pretty well until that picture came along. I guess I'm getting a taste of my own medicine for posting all those pictures of the tropics.

Sunshine, ocean, swell and sweet temperatures... I thought I was coping pretty well until that picture came along. I guess I'm getting a taste of my own medicine for posting all those pictures of the tropics.

Fear not Josh. Over the next few weeks and months, the beautiful west coast will dispell any Tahitian pangs.

I'll bet you a hank of peacocks that your shutter isn't gathering dust.

Undertow. Visitors don't realize how treacherous the shorebreak can be. Sharks are very rarely seen on our beaches, and I never heard of an attack on the French coast.

Hey Dave,
Good to hear from you. Would love to make it up your way in the months to come. I need to go back into the archives to get up to speed with your work. You're right about the shutter too. I was up in the Gorge yesterday giving it a solid workout. :)

Effisk, more beach pics please!

Back