Some favourites from my collection

Thanks JP, Sunseeker, Katbran and Pattye. :)

Gotta think these jackets would be wonderful in colored gemstones, too!
Think jackets in colored stones will be great for colored stones lovers.
Diamonds and pearls are my fav so I really love how versatile this jacket is - it goes with both! Yay!

Did you get the stud jacket at the same time or did you already have it ? It just works perfectly with the drop.
Had the stud jacket for my usual diamond studs. Was just having fun to see what else I can add to the combination. Irl it's a bit too bling for usual wear (even with my fairly high tolerance). Maybe for nice dinners/weddings...

Have been struggling with a bout of ill health and some work related challenges and stress so have been fairly behind in postings but I have a few new items worthy of mention... (ok, actually quite quite a lot, ha but I'll just post whenever I have enough decent pics)

Will start with a fairly substantial ring made using a 16mm south sea pearl that I nicknamed "egg".

Here is egg before setting - took this pic at the fair before I bought it... yeah, always meant for it to be a ring:
IMG_8571.jpg

Couldn't find an individual shot so here's one under natural light with two other favs (it's the pearl in the middle, along with my giant peacock drop and "bean"):
IMG_8776.jpg

As the pearl luster isn't even and had a dull area with blemishes, there were limitations on how it can be set. Eventually opted for a really simple design:

The night I saw it after I was back from work:
IMG_4636.jpg

And in the day:
IMG_4720.jpg

IMG_4721.jpg

I seldom wear it since it really distracts me at work and it's quite impossible to wear over the weekend given two toddlers, but it's got a special place in my collection given its size.

I am madly in love with Egg! :). So sorry about your stress ... but I imagine that looking at Egg makes it better.

I love everything about it (including the name!). Luster, color, the delicate diamond halo. It's just delicious!

I love the egg ring!!! Yes, it would distract me from working, toooo!

I really like the dramatic contrast between the EGG's size and the tiny diamond halo ... nice one, Icyjade! Hope you feel stronger and calmer soon :)

Such awesome pieces (sorry, been gone for a few days and missed the earrings until today!)!! Those earring jackets are stunning and really pop on your ears! Makes gorgeous pearls look even better! And Egg is delightful and stunning! Hope looking at Egg makes you feel better. Get well soon!

Ooooohhhh, egg is absolutely breathtaking. I think it needs to take a vacation and come live with me in California for a while...:rolleyes:

Wow thanks for the tremendous reception! Didn't expect Egg to be so popular.

This is an unusual color ssp by the way. Also not sure how to describe the color.

I'm actually thinking of adjusting the setting so that it's 'vertical' instead of 'horizontal'. Hmm dunno how to explain so here's a pic. Current setting on the left and proposed revision on the right. Makes my finger look less fat that way ya?
IMG_1692.jpg

Remember that I mentioned these 3 are favs earlier?

Couldn't find an individual shot so here's one under natural light with two other favs (it's the pearl in the middle, along with my giant peacock drop and "bean"):
View attachment 54438

And managed to cobble together enough pics to post the giant peacock drop so here it is...
Bought this pearl at a local fair in Oct 2015 and finally set it late last year... first, some unset pics:

Was immediately attracted by it's shape, size and color when I first saw it. I mean, nice colors are really rare in larger pearls, and this is a giant drop, with peacock color, nice clean surface AND fairly good luster? Yeah, immediately smitten.
FullSizeRender.jpg

With my fabulous peacock drops
IMG_6103.jpg

And here it is with another pair of uber peacock studs:
IMG_5655.jpg

IMG_4953.jpg

Since setting this pearl, I wear it fairly often cos it's more casual and also much more comfy to wear in hot weather. It's one of those pearls that I think of as 'category killers'. Used to be quite open to buying Tahitian pendants if I see any that catches my fancy, but ever since i got this drop, I no longer have any strong urge for new Tahitian pearl pendants...

I think I like the ring more vertical, too.

And that pendant is AMAZING. I would quit looking after I got that one, too. It's perfect. And the earrings are gorgeous, too.

Back