Silk cord

I shudder at the thought of France going vegan. What has that done to French cooking? No more meat or chicken or cheese available in restaurants?

Katbran- My daughter was vegan for a number of years. Our solution at holidays was to take her shopping when she arrived and let her select her own food, and let her do her own cooking. So much easier than jumping through hoops trying to figure out how to please her.

Cathy, it's an interesting idea. I appreciate several chains rather than one, but it work because chains are heavy, I am not sure that it would be the same with silk, then it would be only the pearl's weight to pull down the cords.
I see that vegans are everywhere... In France, they have their own restaurants and any other stores, food shops, fashion shops, even hair dressers. And all of these are expensive, of course: to be vegan is a sport for wealthies, when a half of the planet has not enough to pay simple leather shoes or a piece of meat or cheese to eat. It's a shame, and more when they take the power on media, to make everybody feeling guilty to live normally, to like pearls, for exemple. A lot of vegans is extremist and intolerant, in France, the right definition of dangerous people.
Well, we are also animals: so I suggest we stop to cut our hairs, our nails, stop skin pilling, tanning, dental and any other surgery, even delivery... Stop to do everything invading our animal's bodies and making us suffering (thus to work, also), is there anybody to disagree?

Last edited:
Hmmmm. There is an article in today's newspaper called "Wellness culture comes to Paris". "These days in Paris, wellness and cleansing is the new wine and cheese. "

Of course I believed you, ericw. But, maybe I'll wait for this trend to run its course before I visit France again.

One good thing about perliculture -- saltwater perliculture anyway-- is that oysters are filter feeders and as such they help clean the oceans.

Hmmmm. There is an article in today's newspaper called "Wellness culture comes to Paris". "These days in Paris, wellness and cleansing is the new wine and cheese. "

Of course I believed you, ericw. But, maybe I'll wait for this trend to run its course before I visit France again.

I have not heard anything about that, Red. Sure there is a lot of people, as me, to defend the cause of wellness to eat and drink good thinks. I should wish also that this "wellness coming in Paris" (which seems to be an advertising) doesn't forget people sleeping in the street, in the cold.

Last edited:
I shudder at the thought of France going vegan. What has that done to French cooking? No more meat or chicken or cheese available in restaurants?

Katbran- My daughter was vegan for a number of years. Our solution at holidays was to take her shopping when she arrived and let her select her own food, and let her do her own cooking. So much easier than jumping through hoops trying to figure out how to please her.

Thanks Red, I usually send them off to shop but they are flying in on Christmas morning - I have a preliminary list of 16 items that will take care of salads, deserts , vegetables etc ... no main course yet. Tofurkey ? lol

Yep. We once got a tofu turkey for her. I recall that it was fine.

Back