Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thank you, Douglas and SurfnSci! SurfnSci, I posted more pics of the cloud necklace a few pages back when I first received it. It’s a nice, light, easy to wear piece.

All Fiji pearls. Bracelet from PP, and pearls for the two necklaces were from Cees.
273C598C-A77C-4841-8B4C-EBC4857A4A87.jpeg

7CAC1198-5130-47EB-8A47-E39AA70F7771.jpeg

E31458FD-8BA2-4E01-89BB-2E06DA2BE703.jpg

Breathtaking combinations as always Jeg! I especially love the contrast of mysterious dark Tahitians with the softness of the cloud necklace!

86C your turquoise and pearls combination is spectacular!

86C, lovely silvery T’s and octo and what a magnificent display of silver and turquoise!

Eolian, your turquoise necklace is so pretty!

Jeg, I’m in awe of your endless and beautiful collection!

Here’s what I’m wearing today...my liquid gold GSS necklace from Cees, my custom made GSS earring jackets and Jewelmer pendant from PP!

666EAD64-BD58-4E58-B19A-6B68052A33C9.jpg
F5379585-3F7D-4E86-B272-B0F08A029D7A.jpg

Beautiful fijis Jeg.
Lilpearl, you look wonderful in your golden pearls. Can't decide if the earrings ard more beautiful than the strand or vice versa. Probably should use my goldens today. I haven't used them in a couple of weeks. Could use some warmth, it's -10C (14 F) today. Ick

Those golden pearls are lovely and they do compliment your skin tone quite nicely! I will have to save for a golden pearl necklace for my wife :)
Have a beautiful weekend!

Today I was wearing my “ Sea of Cortezish” floating pearl ( until I am lucky enough to own a real thing ...)
I do LOVE the colors on your pearls Douglas and a real SoC pendant is definitely high on my wishlist...well, this pearl reminded me a bit of those colors when I first saw it... I cant get a picture to do it justice today so I am posting a pic from last summer...sigh...here I am dreaming of summer again...and of Cortez pearls...

D3921C30-1663-432F-B206-159BD8EE7F8A.jpg

Attachments

• BEC47BC0-1BDF-4C4D-8B02-8452CBD5914C.jpeg
    BEC47BC0-1BDF-4C4D-8B02-8452CBD5914C.jpeg
    47.9 KB · Views: 21
  • C837C2A5-F656-4346-98C5-9F1391AF661F.jpeg
    C837C2A5-F656-4346-98C5-9F1391AF661F.jpeg
    56.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Thank you Charlotta, Eolian, and Douglas!

Eolian, very pretty pearl! Your outfit made me dream of summer!!

Oh my God, jeg I want endless access to your closet and your pearls! I’m dying.
lilpearl, you really scored, they look great on you.
eolian, I was about to say “are you Model-tough? Able to brave the chill to model clothes of summer?” but, I see your strategy. And though I love winter, I’m looking at SydK and Bernadette while my teeth are chattering....

Yes, very "Corteish" indeed! Many of the lighter colored Tahitians and lightly colored Cortez look very much the same, but then you have the SIZE (Tahitians win always) and the "erotochromatic" pearls...when you have those intense deep chroma colors on Tahitians, Cortez, Kamoka or Fiji...they each have their distinctive overtones, unlike the others but they also overlap in the less intense colors.
I remember Josh and I talking -years ago- about making a set of pieces of Cortez-&-Kamoka (or Kamoka-&-Cortez) pearls, but we never got that started. Wishe we had.

Thank you Charlotta, Lilpearl and Lisa C! Lisa C, you always make me smile :)

Thank you for your input Douglas, you confirm what I was suspecting, only the lighter Ts may resemble the (lighter colored) Cortez pearls, the intense colored “erotochromatic” Cortez are truly unique. And now you have me dreaming about a Kamoka&Cortez/ Cortez&Kamoka necklace...

All these are wonderful. I'm wearing pearls, just not taking any photos. But I'm drooling over everyone else's!

Thank you Katbran!

Here is my special pearl day (20.1.21) look. Circled Ts rope& bracelet and one of my favorite earrings from Margaret of Simply Adorned.
B85694E7-0CC9-4CFA-933D-93A6DA43D5F2.jpeg
85B375B9-24E8-4340-901F-8A25AC3AB7C2.jpeg

Help me choose

Help me choose

20190415_100257.jpg
Resized_20191122_205240_820.jpg

I could not for the life of me figure out how to create my own post, but hopefully people will see this. I need help choosing between two pearl necklaces! I'm getting a strand of freshadama pearls and I have the choice between a rose overtone and a silver overtone. For a fair skinned (pink undertones) redhead, does anyone have any opinions? I included some not-great photos of myself- but at least one includes my antique pearl earrings! Below are my two necklaces options. Unfortunately it's a custom length, so I can't get both and keep my favorite.

IMG_6091.jpg
IMG_6089.jpg

Hello PearlieSue, and welcome to our forum :)
The reason why you could not post is that you are a new member and the first postings must undergo scrutiny for Spam. We take Spam -and any other kind of canned meats- seriously here.
But you have been approved for your first post and you must wait until I approve a couple more until they show up instantly, my apologies for this but it is done for the sake of having a safe & clean from spam forum :)

The strands you have shown us are genuinely nice, quite some chutzpah in them BTW. I would stick to the silvery ones since your skin-tone will work better on them in my opinion.
But I am sure we have more forum members ready to give you a piece of their experience on the subject.
Again...welcome aboard.

To be honest, buy both, try them on and send back the ones that don't sing to you.

Eolian pearls, that rope is gorgeous. I know that I keep saying that but it's true. The colors are so pretty.
Pearlie Sue, I would also choose the strand with the silvery overtones. Since you cannot try them both that would be my safest bet. I hope that you will love your new strand and welcome to the forum.

Back