Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Oh Jeg, can I be jealous of your neck's super power? I wore three akoya ropes today and my neck was aching after a few hours. lol. Such lovely pearls. Plus, you have the cutest wardrobe!

BWeaves, that Josh strand is gorgeous! It's catching light from every where! Love the multi-strand looks and the bba. I have a weakness for blue pearls. The ropes I was wearing today were bba strands and since it was cloudy, I was looking at them a lot during my drive home from work today!

Gemandpearllover, you look great in the double strand looks! The V neck compliments the strands really well. The Ts seem to really pop! Great colors!

A 100 inch rope of un-knotted tiny pearls today. These make me smile but need to be worn with a pony tail because the pearls catch my hair if I don't.

Wearing 100 inch rope of un-knotted tiny pearls

Such a pretty little long strand Gemandpearllover. I find that sometimes my hair get stuck in the clasps even though I always put it up in a pony tail, very annoying. And in earrings.

Gemandpearlover, your last few post are lovely.

Loved your double strands of Tahitians. They are gorgeous. They are the perfect size and shape of the pearls. And both necklaces go so well together as well. I truly adore both of those strands......brilliant combination !

I, too, smiled when I saw the small pastel FWP rope. :) I am always attracted to multi color strands, whether Ts or FWP ! The pastel multi looks dazzling worn as you have it, as a multi wrapped collar ! Love it. I laughed, as I thought I was the 'Lone Ranger' with my hair always getting caught and torn from the root, when wearing un-knotted pearls. Guess it happens to the best of us. My hair gets easily caught, with one single movement of my neck, in those types of necklaces ! I too, wear ponytails, to stop the tearing and tears. :rolleyes:

Haha, amti, I never thought of my neck as being strong, but I don’t seem to be bothered by weight. Although most of the layers are not heavy since there are tin cups, small pearls and keshi involved.

Gemandpearlover, the freshwater rope makes a great neck wrap!

Yesterday, 85F. T shirt dress and lapis and Freshadama rope. Hanadama earrings from PP.

lapis and Freshadama rope

Pearl Paradise Hanadama earrings

Hot again, today. 85F. Tomorrow 45F. Komoka peacock and lavender mismatched studs. Kojima baroque Tahitian strand (the shorter one). Komoka All-Josh 2019 Harvest strand (the longer one). They nest really nicely together.

Komoka peacock and lavender mismatched studs, Kojima baroque Tahitian strand (the shorter one).   Komoka All-Josh 2019 Harvest strand (the longer one)

It's funny, but just a couple of years ago, I would have found pearls this big to be too heavy. I guess I've gotten used to all the weight now. I keep feeling like I could layer on a couple more ropes.

Of course, a few years ago, I thought pearls this big looked like gumballs. Now I think they look too small. PSS strikes again.

Sea of Cortez ring from Douglas in a PP rose gold setting. The pearl really is incredibly turquoise with hot pink flashes around the bottom. I can just see an super intense turquoise ring around the top.

Sea of Cortez ring from Douglas in a Pearl Paradise rose gold setting

Last edited:
Gorgeous as always BWeaves. I love the royal blue of the lapis necklace. I remember my father collecting gems and showing me some lapis. They truly are beautiful gems. How wonderful to have such a colorful and beautiful Sea of Cortez pearl ring- and thank you for sharing it with us.

BWeaves those 2 Tahitian strands look marvelous together ... I just love that one BIG "spaceship" pearl on Josh strand! The SOC ring is of course, swoon worthy. Are you finding you're getting more wear out of the Josh strand than the Coral Atoll so far?

Hahaha, Cathy, so far I am getting more wear out of the All-Josh Harvest strand. I think part of it, is that I feel I need to justify buying it, since the cost was up there with my Hanadamas. Whereas, the Coral Atoll strand was less expensive, and I know it is very easy to wear. But I've only had the strands a couple of weeks, so it's early yet. But I really LOVE both strands. I tend to get on a kick where I'll wear the same strand over and over, and then switch and rediscover another strand and wear it several times.

And yeah, the Spaceship pearl is my favorite pearl on the All-Josh strand, too.

BWeaves I go through loyalty episodes with my pearls too ... either that or I may be too lazy to go get new ones out to wear lol. It's so nice to hear you love both strands; they are both incredible. It means so much more to me as well, when I wear a piece where I know, have met, or call friends the grower and/or the designer, and even better if pearl friends helped me pick it out ... the best of all worlds. Wear your new strands in great joy :)

So I gave into temptation for the Valentines sales... ended up getting an 18 inch Freshadama necklace (7.5-8mm) with matching studs and a pair of metallic white freshwater dangles from PP. I try to justify this as early planning for my cousin's wedding later this year :p

Have done the cropping thing so hopefully it's the right way up!

The bounty... top strand is PP Freshadama 7.5-8mm, 2nd strand and bracelet are freshwaters 6.5-7mm. Love them both, the rose overtones of the strand go so well with nearly all my work clothes. Also included my MOP inlaid sterling silver dangles that I received as a high school graduation gift.
Pearl Paradise Freshadama 7.5-8mm, 2nd strand and bracelet are freshwaters 6.5-7mm
Matching Pearl Studs
 MOP inlaid sterling silver dangles with drop freshwater

Prancing around in the strands... much to my partner's amusement!
Wearing my freshadama strand
7.5-8 mm freshadama strand

Your new freshadamas looks beautiful on you IrisSL. Your partner will get use to you wearing your pearls everwhere, mine did. Not-husband don't even notice anymore.
CathyKeshi, you are so right about pearls being special when they havd a context. My rainbow strand is special to me because Wendy picked out every single pearl in it for me and sent photos on the progress of it and even one when the pearls were being drilled. It's is also breathtakingly gorgeous and sort of a piece of art. The context makes it truly special for me.
Bweaves, how big are the pearls in your new Kamoka strands?

Last edited:
Thanks Charlotta! He'll just have to get used to it methinks ;)

Gemandpearlover, I love the way you wore that rope! So elegant... would go so well with an updo.

BWeaves those Tahitians! The lapis strand is so gorgeous too

I went out of the house yesterday!!! (I've had a bad cold for a week, finally better.)

I decided to wear my new earrings and a 16" strand of 7.5-8mm FWP. These earrings: I have been searching for exactly this style for months, to no avail. I had finally decided that I'd just have to buy loose pearls and have them made, when I found these on a website that sells overstock. (I'm saying it that way in case I'm not allowed to state business names; you guys know what I mean though.) When they came the other day, I was so pleased - the quality was much better than what I was expecting.

My new pearl earrings

Anyway, I really liked how they looked with the necklace. It was a sunny, spring-like day and these felt so bright and happy to me.

Worn with 16 strand of 7.5-8mm Freshwater Pearls

Incik Boncuk, I'm glad that you are feeling better. Your new earrings are very pretty and goes great with your necklace.

Back