Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

A couple days of ropes-

Golden SS ombré and mixed strand from PP.
028403C9-DE96-4268-AF1E-F450A6513D55.jpg

1F37A94B-41A9-4DAB-ADE4-B3F80C3E4FB4.jpg

Metallic freshwater rope from Pearls By The Bay.
D580DE2C-7DBC-4690-919B-4F84C6C5AFEC.jpg

9E65F15C-77F5-4DBA-B946-B9D8061D3ABF.jpg

Nice tahitian look Bweaves, they look great with that outfit.
Your new silver rope is stunning Red.
Lovely ropes Jeg, the ombre south sea rope especially, but then I really love ombres.

Thank you for your kind comments, Katbran, CathyKeshi, jeg, and Charlotta. Yes, this silver-blue color is what I have been lacking in my pearly wardrobe. As my wooly grey sweater coat and blue-green wool scarf from OSKA demostrate. Other colors of Tahitians are nice enough, but these new pearls work great with these clothing colors.

Gorgeous golden and white South Sea ropes, jeg. Love the pink pearl and grey dress pairing as well, with the pink-grey scarf. Very nice.

Beautiful Tahitian rope, Red. A gorgeous look!
Love those shell necklaces, Jeg. And those goldens are just lucious!!!

I really need to add more ropes to my collection.

Red, ditto what Cathy Keshi said — those gorgeous silver T’s look fabulous with the gray and aqua.

jeg, your shell necklaces scream summer, especially the one with turquoise beads. Beautiful GSS ropes. You have such fabulous prints to set off all your pearls.

Thanks so much, Charlotta, Red, Andrew, 2thdktr, 86C and ParrotLady!:eek: 86C, yes to more ropes!! ParrotLady, it must be summer somewhere in the world, right?!:cool:

Another rope length, this time doubled. Fiji pearls from Cees, randomly made into a rope.
7D848189-D41B-429F-834F-863A5600899D.jpeg

0E31CB48-001A-4EE1-81B8-1492A67D1B28.jpg

914752AF-FD57-435B-9290-4CD2770B349F.jpg

Thanks BWeaves, Cathy and Katbran! Yes, Katbran, I drilled the shells with a hand drill. My least favorite part of the process. I have made several pieces with seashells and seaglass and drilling seaglass is even less fun. :(

BWeaves, loving your luscious layers of Tahitians! Red, your cool shades compliment each other so nicely. That’s a great, versatile rope!
Jeg, your sells are delightful! I've also drilled some shells recently, and wow were they difficult. Too thin and the shell cracks; too thick and you're drilling for days. I've actually contemplated using a pearl drill bit on the thicker shells. Diamond drill bits work well, for sure. ETA: Love the ropes and stylings!!

Red, your new Ts are fabulous!! Love love love the color.

And BWeaves, I always enjoy looking at TnT and your many stylings.

Hmmm ... I think I'm too scared to have my precious shell drilled that my grandson found me in Venice on the beach ...

Jeg, that Fiji and green jacket/skirt combo is a power look for sure, with a high end designer touch! Fantastic; and really beautiful :)

Thanks, JerseyPearl, 86C, CathyKeshi and Charlotta!

JerseyPearl, I use diamond drill bits, but still need to replace them frequently. I mostly only drill the thicker shells since I don’t want them to crack when worn let alone drilling.

Cathy, your precious shell can be wire wrapped to leave it pristine. I have some sunrise shells from Hawaii that are wrapped and incorporated into jewelry. I also have framed some of my favorite finds.

Thank you, Charlotta. I was in debate as to how I wanted to use the pearls, and Marianne suggested the random placement. I have since used the random placement many times because the randomness appeals to me.

Pairing the purply burgundy Kojima strand with my crafty pearl and bead project. I’ve also wrapped a silk obiage, from childhood, as a scarf. I have several I brought home after cleaning my parent’s house out, and use them as scarves now.
E5A59D60-2F54-427D-ADCB-A52A7DDAB3D4.jpeg

3AF58046-4B6E-49DC-8F7A-3F515BDCBFDA.jpg

83D83323-6A65-447F-93D1-395D044375DA.jpg

Jeg, I think that the random placement makes the rope more interesting to watch. The scarf is beautiful and the purple pearls have so many colors in them, just gorgeous.

Took my new WSS earrings out tonight along with my dearly loved akoyas...

WSS and Akoyas.jpg

Love the obiage, Jeg, and of course the pearls too.

In fact love all the pearls, ladies.

Happy Huku, I still love your new earrings. The pearls, the findings. Just perfect.

Back