Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

My pleasure 8mm ... I was so tempted to buy up a LARGE lot of those pearls from Cees ... but, er, I have a rather generous collection of V. akoyas already lol .... I'm just hoping to make either a bracelet or a tin cup style from the new bag of tiny pearls; I had Cees have them drilled. Anxiously awaiting the shipment :)

Parrot Lady, wonderful to hear you've weathered that cataract journey and came out the other side with such improved vision !!!

I had my jeweler, Soren at T Lee in Minneapolis, make up these watermelon tourmaline, ruby, and diamond earring dangles last year. They were designed to hang from these small gold hoops, but I always hoped to add pearls to the mix. I've tried different Tahitian studs, but I think the real winners are these Sea of Cortez pearl studs. It depends on the light and the reflections, of course, but these greenish golden pearl beauties coordinate well a lot of the time. The tourmaline was selected by Alice at T Lee in Tucson and I purchased the rubies online from Mastercut Gems.

The earrings are super lightweight, which makes my ears happy.

20190920_130114.jpg

20190920_125505.jpg

20190920_125258.jpg

Cathy, Please show us the pearls once you receive them! Really, I have never seen such petite but oh so beautiful pearls! I really like them!
-8mm

It was almost cool and today. 83F. No seriously, it felt cool. I broke out my biggest pearls. Kasumi and amethyst earrings from Kojima, and freshwater ripples from Pacific Pearl. Hum, the color looks flat in the photo. The pearls are really oil slick colorful in person.

fullsizeoutput_1067.jpg

And SoC ring from Douglas and PP. I can never capture the intense teal blue and hot pink this pearl is.

fullsizeoutput_1065.jpg

I had my jeweler, Soren at T Lee in Minneapolis, make up these watermelon tourmaline, ruby, and diamond earring dangles last year. They were designed to hang from these small gold hoops, but I always hoped to add pearls to the mix. I've tried different Tahitian studs, but I think the real winners are these Sea of Cortez pearl studs. It depends on the light and the reflections, of course, but these greenish golden pearl beauties coordinate well a lot of the time. The tourmaline was selected by Alice at T Lee in Tucson and I purchased the rubies online from Mastercut Gems.

The earrings are super lightweight, which makes my ears happy.

View attachment 69975

View attachment 69976

View attachment 69977
Red, those earring jackets/dangles are amazing. It looks like the stones have been carved to create a teardrop shape in the original stone. Very very difficult lapidary work there.

Headed to dinner with the Hubby wearing my Tahitian & South Sea Ombré strands with Tahitian & South Sea bracelets & one of my favorite Tahitian rings.

Attachments

• ombre tahitian south seas.jpg
    ombre tahitian south seas.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 18
  • south sea Tahitian bracelets.jpg
    south sea Tahitian bracelets.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 22
Striking ensemble, 86CG. The last couple of days have been cool enough to pull out the heavy pearls.

Gorgeous ripples Bweaves, and the kasumi earrings and the sea of cortez ring is so beautiful.
86Corvettegirl, I love those ombre tahitian and south sea strands. So pretty.

My friend & I went to a bridal shower this afternoon & then to dinner & drinks. Kanaloa came out to play! He was a big hit & got lots of compliments.

Attachments

• Kanaloa out n about.jpg
    Kanaloa out n about.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 21
Thanks, Charlotta. It finally cooled off a bit so I could wear longer & layered looks. Can't go wrong with Ombré!

Thanks, Marianne. Kanaloa got a lot of attention & compliments tonight!

That really is an attention grabbing, beautiful necklace 86Corvettegirl. It looks so gorgeous on your neck.

Back