Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Jeg, you look wonderful in Pearls & Pink! Those earrings are fantastic with that pink pendant & rice pearl necklace.

BW, you look fabulous in your pearls, even in the summer heat. I know what you mean about the heat & humidity. Today, I could only manage Tahitian shoulder dusters, a la Purranha, when we went out for sushi tonight.

Attachments

• Tahitian shoulder dusters.jpg
    Tahitian shoulder dusters.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 20
Those earrings are nice 86Corvettegirl. If it is really hot I can only wear earrings as well.

Thank you, Charlotta. I got the idea from Purranha. She made a silver pair with WSS & a gold pair with Akoya. I made my silver pair with silvery Tahitians & my gold pair with GSS. They're very comfortable to wear.

Thanks so much, Andrew, Charlotta, PearlDreams. 2thdktr and 85C!! :eek:

I love those long shoulder dusters, 86C! I was looking at some Hawaiian charms thinking they would make fun earrings, but couldn’t decide which ones to use. Seeing yours makes me want some now! Maybe I’ll pick some up on my next trip. :rolleyes::cool:

So many lovely additions to this thread. Pearldreams your golden SS earrings are a perfect match to your gorgeous strand. I love the shapes and even golden color of all of them.

Jeg- Your earrings are so lovely paired with your Biwa strand. I love how the pinks coordinate for your perfect look.

86Corvettegirl- Your Tahitian shoulder duster earrings are so beautiful. I hope your dinner was wonderful. Sushi sounds yummy.

Here is my addition to this thread. I reworked some strands into a double strand necklace with vintage clasp. Grey and blue Akoyas with Tahitians. Not my best work as I had to lengthen the longest strand. I used some bead caps to hide the knots.

IMG_1853.jpg

IMG_1851.jpg

Thank you, Gemandpearlover! Our dinner was very enjoyable! We love sushi & went to our favorite restaurant.
I love your new double strand. It has personality & looks lovely on you.

I've been watching Serena Williams's clothing line since it began last year, and finally decided to pick up a couple of pieces to wear while watching the US Open. The Serena Limited Edition Statue of Liberty Tank and the Metro Satin Lounge Pant in Pink.

Pearls from Kojima purchased during the Pearls by the Bay event last month.

20190824_140339.jpg

20190824_141007.jpg

Gemandpearllover, your reworked double akoya and tahitian strand is lovely and you got the perfect lenght for them as well.
Your Kojima pearls are very pretty Red and I like your outfit.

Gemandpearlover, I love both the length and rearrangement of your pearls! Well done!

Red, great choices! I haven’t seen Serena Williams line, but that’s a fun outfit you found. Love that Kojima piece. So many interesting components. I really love the pieces she made with those vintage filigree beads.

So, there’s a story behind this necklace... There was a free gift involved in one of the stores I shopped at. The sales person brought out four large baggies full of jewelry wrapped in little plastic bundles. It was reminiscent of going through the treasure chest at the doctor’s office. I was about to pass since I don’t know any four year old girls to play dress up in rainbow rhinestones, when I spotted these mother of pearl discs. It was a pendant attached to a beaded chain. I actually like the look and the price was right. :rolleyes: There are two mother of pearl discs in the pendant.
EE82FF77-AC27-4762-AC68-942A9E44E244.jpg

Layered with a medley wrap from Kojima, and the new bright green T ring from Hawaii. (Te Hotu Mana)
792283FF-A224-4D7C-BDC7-F70DC3690654.jpg

D94A86D2-9A23-4944-9DEA-3FA7D0195029.jpg

17C861AD-307C-4B9D-84F4-696DC46D4B96.jpg

Thanks Charlotte and jeg. Jeg, most of Serena’s clothing line does not say flower fairy. I liked this top because the “S” is a lot smaller than on most of her tops.

You look lovely, Red. Your Kojima necklace is a great length & has such a personality!

Wow, Jeg. What an interesting piece and it goes so well with other pearl combinations! Great choice!

The wayward pearls from Cees were finally delivered today. Instituting a trace on them seemed to do the trick and I even got a call from my local post office this morning saying they were on the truck and heading my way. First, Cees glamour shot.

CE4DB975-32ED-4ACE-9DCC-24925C265CFA.jpg

Nest, my not as glamorous but still gorgeous shot, and the finished product. I knotted them in Beader’s Secret Teal. I wish I had good light for photographing pearls, but the light is bad in every single room. I can see the colors, but the camera can’t. I laid out all my Tahitian earrings next to the necklace and was shocked to see the different colors in my earrings which all look exactly the same color green in my jewelry drawer. I had no idea.

4D2C7954-F203-4CB2-A92E-8F1E3BD08653.jpeg4B21C3DD-2DE0-4588-BBB6-624DF9C1DFA0.jpeg

Parrot Lady- such luster! They are gorgeous and glad they finally arrived safe and sound.

Red your pearls look great with your attire. I love the mixture of gems and pearls.

Jeg- I need to add to the admiration of your neon teal pearl ring. Gorgeous!

This was a busy day in this thread, with so many beautiful additions!

Gemandpearlover, your re-worked strands are beautiful. They look great on you!

Red, the Kojima strand is so, so, so pretty! The pearls gleam.

And speaking of gleam, jeg, your green T. ring is absolutely amazing on my monitor! That's the colour green I was after for some studs. [Insert heart emoji]

Parrot Lady, what a relief that your beautiful strand arrived—that lustre is gorgeous. Teal's a great colour thread to use.

Thanks Charlotte and jeg. Jeg, most of Serena’s clothing line does not say flower fairy. I liked this top because the “S” is a lot smaller than on most of her tops.

Haha- she doesn’t strike me as the flower fairy type!;)

Thanks so much, 86C, ParrotLady, Gemandpearlover, and CricketBug!

ParrotLady- what a happy thing for your package to finally find its way. It was worth waiting for, the necklace is a great one!

Jeg, lovely outfit and that green pearl on the ring sure is green, gorgeous.
Parrot Lady, I am so happy that your strand finally arrived and it's beautiful. Such colorful pearls an gorgeous luster. Light for pearls are tricky. At the summer cabin we have an outdoor room with a see-through roof and the lights are great there on most overcast days or in late afternoon, it's sort of a giant lightbox. At home we don't have such a nifty room so there I have to wait until the sun shines, draw the curtains in the kitchen, put the pearls on a white cloth on a counter and stand between the curtains and the pearls to get good photos. What we do for pearl photos...I told not-husband that I need a lightroom for home as well...

Back