Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Lovely stack 86C! I have my favorites, too. There are some strands I could wear everyday, yet I think I need more...:rolleyes:

We skipped spring and the days have been like summer all of a sudden. Not to worry, rain is scheduled in a few days. :eek:

Wearing my very baroque blue Akoyas and a pearl chain of tiny blue pearls. I got both of these strands on a Kojima visit last spring and made them into custom lengths. A giant golden SS pendant, also from Kojima, is hanging from the pearl chain.
7F28C0A4-5954-4DAF-8B0C-F46BDECB2AE5.jpg

Awesome pairing, Jeg. You can't go wrong with beautiful blues! Love the giant golden pendant added to the mix! I understand the need for more. I have plenty but I always feel like I need more to add to the collection. I'm definitely suffering from Pearl Addiction. LOL

Those pearls are so perfect with that top Jeg! The tiny blue pearl chain is adorable, looks so good with the big GSS pendant ... but it's the top I'm crazy mad for ... it's delightful.

Thank you 86C, Charlotta and Cathy! Charlotta, the tiny blue pearls are freshwater. They are treated, but I love the color. They have an irridescent soap bubble effect. I tried to take a picture, but couldn’t capture it. Thanks, Cathy! The top is old, but a fun design.

Wearing my Seaglass Tahitian strand again. Paired with another Kojima piece from Ruckus 2017. A mabe SOC with gemstones pendant.
80E22CE4-1192-4CB4-9645-1FEB62FCC668.jpg

31976248-08C0-4120-914A-5A198080278F.jpg

And one more pair... SS Myanmar keshi I wire wrapped into a pearl chain with the giant SS pendant. Paired with a SS harvest strand from PP, Ruckus 2017.
25C333CC-9874-444A-B79F-3EE462E3D17D.jpg

4A0D0246-E88A-4197-AE15-38A2C6A9200E.jpg

Great combinations, jeg. My heart belongs to that GSS harvest strand with that sweet flower dress.

Love the Fijis, KFMDallas. And, 86Corvette, I can see why those pearls are favorites. You look great in them.

Thank you, mrsadm, 86Corvette, Marianne, Charlotta, and jeg for your kind comments. I was surprised at how that Mexican opal and Kasumi pendant popped against that top. That combination will be worn again, I promise you

I wanted to post this photo today for all those times people ask about the rules for pearl sizes in your earrings or necklaces. I wore these earrings with this necklace because these pieces just make me happy. Aquamarine and small blue-green Tahitian earrings from Kojima along with big honking colorful circle Tahitians from the PP Christmas VIP sale. Shirt is OSKA Libani in Brass. It is the first day of Spring and our Big Melt continues. You can see the first bit of bare ground in what is otherwise a completely snow covered yard.

20190320_182526.jpg

20190320_182416.jpg

Oh, Red you look wonderful! Love that top, the big Tahitians, and now I know who snagged my favorite of those spring rainbow earrings ... congratulations!

Red and Jeg: I'm drooling. Just gorgeous combinations of pearls and clothing.

Thank you 2thdktr, 86C, Red and BWeaves!

I really love your new earrings, Red, and yes, to any size any shape. They all work together.

So I used to frequent a forum for another type of item that had a neat thread called "Your **** in Action!" where people could post pictures of their item "working it" in the real world, I always used to enjoy browsing that thread! I thought it might be fun to start one here for those that wanted to post some pictures of "pearls in action" making us look beauteous IRL! Soooo, I'll start, here's some pictures of my pondslime strand and I in the restroom at work today (washing hands, not using the facilities!), please excuse the labcoat. I was mesmerized by the colors and lustre under the florescent lights of the bathroom. I'm not normally one for multicolored strands, but I just love this one, and I feel like the colors go with everything!

I had strung these initially with some gold spacer beads, but decided to restring them without them...I liked the beads but I felt they stole the spotlight from the pearls :) I used the beadcaps to make these cute little earrings out of a few of the extra pearls:

Here's a natural light comparison (out in the car driving around, which is where I generally am when not in the restroom washing my hands, pearls are really working it today!)

So...who's up for sharing some pics of YOUR Pearls in Action???

those pearls are gorgeous you have posted ....
these are my new ones - i got them from a business called Pearlescence which is in England . they are bespoke chunky super lustrous creamy white pearls for my sister to wear on her wedding day and she is SO happy with them . :D
I had to buy some too as i had total pearl envy haha. i was worried that i couldnt get perfect matches but the lady from Pearlesence found identical twins !
lindapearlearring1.jpg
lindaearring3.jpg
lindaearring2.jpg
weddingearrings2.jpg
weddingearrings3.jpg

Red, that combo is absolutely lovely!

Jeg, I absolutely love how you mix and match your collection :D

Beautiful strands Jeg. Thet wirewrapped necklace looks great.
Very nice earrings Red, they look great with the baroque tahitians.
freshpearl188, beautiful earrings. They look lovely on you. Welcome to Pearl Guide.

Jeg, I love the wire wrapped necklace!! Looking fabulous as usual!

Red, Love the earrings! I was looking to get those from Kojima, too. Glad you got them so I can see them from time to time.

I've been wearing my Tahitians the last few days, but only took photos one day. La Perlagrina from Kamoka with opal and Tahitian earrings and tin-cup from Kojima.

fullsizeoutput_bc4.jpg

fullsizeoutput_bc5.jpg

And today, my new freshwater tin-cup and earrings from Kojima with ripples from Pacific Pearls. Bad lighting. Very bright sunshine today. I found it hard to find a shady spot, but the dappled sunlight matches the pattern on my sweater.

fullsizeoutput_bc9.jpg

Freshpearl188, those are lovely earrings — perfect for your sisters wedding and I know you’ll enjoy yours, too!

Bweaves, I’m loving your ripples and tin cup with that bright top. What a happy look!

Thank you jesskat, Charlotta and 86C!

Welcome Freshpearl!! Very pretty pearls!

BWeaves, I agree with ParrotLady- the sun hitting your sherbet top and pearls is such a happy look! :cool:

Back