Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Jeg, I Don't want to be a pest, but who's the designer for your golden blouse, and that gladiator-panel skirt in the other photo? Those glass (?) black vertical buttons are fabulous statement!

Last edited:
Jeff, i Don't want to be a pest, but who's the designer for your golden blouse, and that gladiator-panel skirt in the other photo? Those glass (?) black vertical buttons are fabulous statement!

Hi Lisa- the skirt is a Diane Von Furstenberg, from a DVF Shop. There’s also DVF.com, however, I have had this skirt for around 10 years. I’ve had the top for quite awhile, too. I got it in Hawaii from a store that had a lot of Asian inspired clothing and carried a lot of Asian designers. This one is from Moonlight.

I have a new south sea strand from Cees. It's beautiful. Tried some selfies again today. First one is in our snowy garden. You can hardly see them with me being bundled up in cashmer , scarfs and more.
South Sea strand from Cees - amsterdam pearls
South Sea strand from Cees
This one on the inside.
South Sea strand from Cees shot inside
This is our snowy garden. - 11C.
our snowy garden
You can't see it but under all this snow I have some lovely roses, the old kind that, lots of different ones.
The pearls in my foldable lightbox.
shooting the pearls in my foldable lightbox

Thank you Bweaves. They are very nice. I was looking for some baroque white south sea pearls to make black and white necklace like the one BN has. So I asked Cees and he sent pictures of this one. Couldn't say I want it fast enough. No way am I cutting it up and playing with it as I sometimes do with pearls I don't use that much. I love my new south sea strand. Did make another sort of black (more grey really) and white strand that I like, but it's not like Bns strand.

Jeg, love your style!!!

Charlotta, that SSP strand is stunning! Cees also posted a slightly smaller, round SSP strand on Instagram...all I can say is that I've never been so tempted before....but I had to practice restraint. I'm getting ready for my true needs for Tucson, so my wants will just have to wait! I'd love to see your mismatched studs with that white strand! Enjoy them, they are almost as lovely as your garden (saw your other photo your thread and that view....oh my!)

Thank you JerseyPearl. I will try them with the mismatched studs as well. I love taking photos of flowers, the lighting is usually better outside. So most if my photos on Instagram features flowers or my kitten. Have fun in Tucson.

Jeg, thank you! Wonderful clothes are worth keeping, and you look great and have the Eye! It's fun to see what you're doing with your Looks.

Charlotta, they really are gorgeous, and just Pop with the light and your skin tones.

Charlotta those new WSS pearls are very beautiful ... Congratulations :) !

Hi Lisa- the skirt is a Diane Von Furstenberg, from a DVF Shop. There’s also DVF.com, however, I have had this skirt for around 10 years. I’ve had the top for quite awhile, too. I got it in Hawaii from a store that had a lot of Asian inspired clothing and carried a lot of Asian designers. This one is from Moonlight.

JEG: You have a very timeless look which I absolutely love.

Charlotta: I think I've mentioned on a different thread, but I love your new SS pearls. I always thought I didn't like SS pearls, because my Mom had a rather unimpressive rope, but some gorgeous drop earrings. Now that I've seen some really good necklaces, I'm lusting after a strand. Must have one of every kind of pearl!

Last edited:
Thank you Bcm21mk, they do have an amazing luster. Some of my very lustrous akoyas seemed dull when I compared them today.

Hi Everyone! Just dropping in to say hi - haven't been on the forum for a while as I was traveling for a few weeks and came back states side with a bad cold! Went back to see mom in Taipei, and took a detour trip to Cambodia and Vietnam. It was 90s in Cambodia, 70s in Vietnam and Taipei, and I came back to this arctic vortex!

Anyhow, it was so hot in Cambodia that I couldn't wear much aside from shoulder dusters. This pair is made with pearls shortened from my baroque akoya strands!

baroque akoya shoulder dusters

Back