Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

RED: I love those rings. Do the bumps help keep the ring from tipping over? Or are they just decorative?

JEG: I love your clothes and pearls. I confess, between you and Baby Nurse, and Newberry, and lmgarden, my wardrobe has changed in the last couple years to clothing styles that show off my pearls better.

RED: I love those rings. Do the bumps help keep the ring from tipping over? Or are they just decorative?

Thank you, BWeaves. The bumps are part of the designer’s styling. My rings don’t tip over because they are fitted well, but the elevation ring style does defy normal ring sizers. There are other elevation rings in the shop to try on to see if you like the style and to check the size.

Yesterday, my white gold Miki huggies worn with a multicolored near round Tahitian strand from PP, and my Japanese fisherman print top. This was my only jewelry when I went on my monthlong European tour earlier this year.

fullsizeoutput_aa0.jpg

Today I'm wearing the yellow gold Miki huggies. I liked this style of earring so much, I bought it both colors of gold. Worn with Mom's circle pin. The Audrey Hepburn style sweater doesn't lend itself to necklaces. The foldover neckline is tall and wide and very retro, and I wouldn't buy it again.

fullsizeoutput_aa1.jpg

Jeg- thank you so much for taking the time to show me-- so helpful. I was thinking I would have to invest in a selfie stick. I have programmed my phone to take a picture when I say "cheese", but it doesn't always work. I do have difficulties reaching the button to press and keep the phone steady. A friend of mine has a remote control button that does the same thing. Your pictures are great, as are the pearls. I also will try the mirror selfies as you describe. Practice makes perfect, but I run out of patience. Thanks again for your time!

Red-- gorgeous rings.

BWeaves, I also love that neckline. You can't wear a rope with that? The pin and earrings make a statement with it, though. Understated elegance.

Jeg, so amazing again.
aerinha, I like that icebergpendant.
Bweaves, I rather like that neckline, difficult with necklaces though. Love that tahitian strand.
Red, I think those 2 rings, and Babynurse birdring, are the most beautiful rings I have ever seen. That jeweller is a genious.

Thank you, Charlotta, BWeaves and 2thdktr!

BWeaves, My friends were just talking about those circle pins not too long ago. I remember seeing them, but I didn’t know anything about their history.

2thdktr, I hope that helped and I can’t wait to see photos! Another thing you can do is set the timer on your camera/phone, so you don’t have to worry about positioning one of your digits over the button.

Circle pins were very in during the 1950's -1960's. I'm not sure when Mom bought hers, but it has a Florentine finish which is not my favorite, but is growing on me.

Yes, I do like the neckline of the sweater, but it's impossible to wear any necklace with it. On the other hand, it's a great sweater for wearing brooches.

Circle pins were very in during the 1950's -1960's. I'm not sure when Mom bought hers, but it has a Florentine finish which is not my favorite, but is growing on me.

Yes, I do like the neckline of the sweater, but it's impossible to wear any necklace with it. On the other hand, it's a great sweater for wearing brooches.

Yes! I was thinking you could even wear a broach on the neckline itself.

The neckline is a bit too floppy to stand up to most of my brooches. Although I have a Wedgewood stickpin that would probably work on it. Mom was into cameos and Wedgewood, which makes sense because Wedgewood looks like cameos.

The neckline is a bit too floppy to stand up to most of my brooches. Although I have a Wedgewood stickpin that would probably work on it. Mom was into cameos and Wedgewood, which makes sense because Wedgewood looks like cameos.

If you know how to wear a stickpin, share please! I bought an antique one with a sugarloaf sapphire intending to convert it, but it arrived with its original box and the collector in me couldn’t do it. Although now I have a stickpin that doesn’t work with anything I own.

Pearls and skirts this weekend.

Two separate strands of Myanmar golden SS mix.
E7D99D9F-AC71-416C-83CC-B8C20FFBE0BF.jpg

Custom Tahitian tin cup from PP
68579931-ACCF-48A0-872A-F362AA3F4589.jpg

Oooh, velvet ... I love velvet so much ... skids to a stop, backs up ... "TWO strands of Myanmar" ... 2??? ... TWO, there are TWO, Jeg? Wow, that strand was my favorite of all your pearls, now I have 2 favorites :)

JEG, I'm droolling. Love the pearls. Love the skirts!

TNT from Ocean's Cove and Tahitian necklace and drop earrings with opals from Kojima. The colors just aren't showing up.

fullsizeoutput_aa7.jpg

Jeg, an adorable outfit, and a WOW on the pearls. They look perfect on you! What is their size?

I'm drooling, ladies, just drooling. Today was mopping day from the in & out holiday traffic & the weeks of rain we've had. Exterminator comes tomorrow & I like to have the floors really clean before he comes.

Back