• Become a Pearl Insider!

Register as a member today for exclusive access to, member only insider info, incredible contests to exotic locations, and have your questions answered by pearl experts from around the world.

Join the community today. Just click Register at the top!

Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

BWeaves

I hear ya. But, just thinking, you always combine so nicely-- have you ever thought of wearing the Wedgwood with your blue or white akoyas? I know Wedgwood comes in other colors, but most common is blue. Wedgwood is very pretty. I'm a sucker for vintage jewelry.

Doh! And I wore blues today, too. It never occurred to me to dig out the blue Wedgwood brooches when I wear blue pearls. Brilliant!

UPDATE: All the blues, plus my Outlander tartan shawl. The dress is olive drab. My 10 mm BBA necklace looks almost white compared to Baby Nurse's 10mm BBA necklace.

fullsizeoutput_ab4.jpg

And here's the stickpin with the blue pearls. The lighting is a Reveal daylight bulb at night, but the Wedgwood blue doesn't really go well with the blue pearls. They clash.

fullsizeoutput_ab3.jpg

I can't seem to get the blue in the pearls to show up today.

Last edited:

Red

I've been shopping the Oska winter sale lately. I'm wearing a new grey wool Oska sweater today with last winter's flannel pants. Silk scarf and my Kamoka harvest strand in the long form which has the bracelet included as part of the necklace. At the last minute I wanted more color around my face, so I added this awesome Edison drop from PP on a orangey sapphire rondelle necklace. I think I need an orange-red scarf to really tie the outfit together.

20190108_172638.jpg

20190108_172754.jpg

Charlotta

Beautiful Bweaves, I love that tartan.
Red, maybe an orange-red scarf would be good with that pendant. But I love this look as well. The trousers looks comfy.
Beautiful pendant aerinha.
Thank you for the closeups Jeg. The Myamar strand is beautiful, the other ones as well. Love that mixed south sea strand as well. The new metallic strand has great luster. And your outfits are wonderful as usual. Me I puts on jeans and a cashmere sweater everyday in the winter...very boring. Your an inspiration.

Katbran

jeg- That round Myramar strand is so stunning.... some of the pearls look pale green ! I think that is a stunning necklace ! Remind me please where that one came from ? Your outfits are so fabulous !

BWeaves - I'm glad you mentioned the colour of the dress as it looks almost blue on my screen ... the pearls certainly suit that colour and the Tartan is wonderful ! The Wedgewood pin is a wonderful addition = great suggestion 2thdktr!

aerinha- lovely pendant and ring... love the story about the colour !

CathyK - With your pearls you would never have to worry about boring clothes... everyone would just stare at the necklaces !

jeg

Traveling Pearl
Red, I have a Kamoka harvest bracelet with that flower clasp. It’s my favorite clasp of theirs. I wish I had the same clasp on one of my strands because I’d love to wear them together. I love your flannel pants! Looking forward to seeing more of your Oska collection!

Thank you, Charlotta and Katbran! Katbran, there are some pistachio pearls on that strand. The whole strand has a green overcast. I got it from Carolyn, and was so thrilled once I saw it in person. I asked her about it and she said she got a small lot of pearls from a family farm in Myanmar. She picked the cream for this strand and they are really beautiful. I’m glad you agree! :eek: Also, thank you for noticing the clothes! I have been trying to take photos with more of the clothes showing because there’s usually more detail beyond the neckline.

jeg

Traveling Pearl
I have been living in this rope, and the Tahitian ombré strand. Sorry for repetition.:rolleyes:

Silver blue Japanese baroque Akoya rope with Tahitian dangle from Kojima.
DC9F2DCB-4F83-45F0-BB26-2C624BBEB547.jpg

Red

jeg - Your pearls really pop against your pretty clothes. I also currently have a lot of grays in my wardrobe and they make a wonderful background for Tahitians.

Today was a blue themed day. Lands' End cotton cable sweater and a big fluffy blue-toned scarf called for my blue-body Rikitea Tahitians. Studs are purple peacock surrounding a green center. All pearls from Pearl Paradise.

20190109_195004.jpg

20190109_194851.jpg

Katbran

Red, I have a Kamoka harvest bracelet with that flower clasp. It’s my favorite clasp of theirs. I wish I had the same clasp on one of my strands because I’d love to wear them together. I love your flannel pants! Looking forward to seeing more of your Oska collection!

Thank you, Charlotta and Katbran! Katbran, there are some pistachio pearls on that strand. The whole strand has a green overcast. I got it from Carolyn, and was so thrilled once I saw it in person. I asked her about it and she said she got a small lot of pearls from a family farm in Myanmar. She picked the cream for this strand and they are really beautiful. I’m glad you agree! :eek: Also, thank you for noticing the clothes! I have been trying to take photos with more of the clothes showing because there’s usually more detail beyond the neckline.

Thanks jeg ! I have to ask...who is Carolyn .. Ehret? That flower clasp might be at Stuller ... I'm sure I saw it there .

Last edited:

jeg

Traveling Pearl
Thanks Katbran- yes, Carolyn Ehret. I have purchased several things from her over the years and this strand is particularly special.

Thank you, Red and JerseyPearl! I spend a lot of the winter in black or gray. It does make for a good backdrop for pearls, but looking at your blues is so much more cheerful!

BWeaves

I really love seeing everyone's clothing with the pearls. It's really inspirational on how to style pearls. Off to shop!