Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thank you Bweaves. I just may have bought a pair of mismatched studs from OceansCove on Etsy because I liked your studs so much...and a pair of aubergine ones...

Red- so glad you are recovering and staying motivated. Looks like you are doing it in style, too! So pretty!

Charlotta- you have been busy! I especially love the colors and funky shapes on your tin cup.

Thanks, Charlotta! OH, MY!! You have been busy!! I love all your creations!!! Those tin cups are fabulous!! Beautiful, just beautiful!!

Red -- glad to hear you are doing well, with an excellent surgeon. And I'm not at all surprised. If you pick your surgeon with the same care as your pearls....!

Thank you Bweaves. I just may have bought a pair of mismatched studs from OceansCove on Etsy because I liked your studs so much...and a pair of aubergine ones...

Thank you! You'll love wearing the mismatched studs. They'll go with everything!

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone. Indeed, BAS, I chose the guy my physical therapist says always has great outcomes. They take a detailed MRI of my entire leg, and perform a virtual operation, and design the replacement parts just for me. In the past it was either small, medium or large knee parts, so much more hit and miss.

I pulled out my pipi pearls from PP today, along with my octo-mermaid from Sheri. Makes me happy.

20181125_144901.jpg

It's been cold, wet, & cloudy for the past couple of days so I've been wearing this combo to replace the sunshine. Golden SS strand I got from David Norman, Kojima golden orb waterfall & a strand of golden akoya I've had for years but really didn't wear very much.

Attachments

• 20181125_160013.jpg
    20181125_160013.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 26
CorvetteGirl, if that doesn't bring out the sunshine, I wonder if anything will! That certainly brightened my day!

Red, happy and quick recovery! Glad you got that much needed knee replacement. It's going to make a huge difference on your activity level soon, if not already!

Hi Ladies! I'm super behind on PG due to Thanksgiving festivities. Loved everyone's combo here. It's so interesting and lovely to see more and more creative layerings here! :)

Red, so glad you're recovering well from the knee replacement - I do generally hear that recovery is tough but people are super happy with the results and mobility afterwards!

I have been waiting for my second pair of Heather Benjamin earrings to get here & they arrived today. I could not decide which pair I liked the best but I bought her large horn earrings like the ones BN has. The ones with the beetle wings kept haunting me so I wound up buying them too. Here they are....they're so beautiful. (a little hard to capture the colors in the small horns.) And they look really edgy with the green Tahitian necklace hubby bought for me but says I have to wait til Christmas before I can wear it.

86Corvettegirl I'm so glad you got the baby beetle wing & horn earrings! I tried it on in person and loved it. I only didn't grab it since my ear piercings are not done well and thus work better with french wire than post. I'm so glad to see that piece staying in the PG family - please post ear shots and share pics often!

Ok...this is for BWeaves & Purranha....You ask for pics so here they are. They'll probably show up sideways because I forgot to take the pics horizontally with my phone. Please forgive the hair & no makeup. I'm cooking chicken & dumplings for the hubby; it's his favorite Southern comfort food.
Purranha, I have somewhat wonky piercings to but there is so much movement with the earrings, I don't think it's noticeable.

Attachments

• 20181126_163630.jpg
    20181126_163630.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 20181126_163736.jpg
    20181126_163736.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Pearls from 10/26 and 11/3
    Pearls from 10/26 and 11/3
    124.4 KB · Views: 31
And here's another sideways pic of the Tanzanite & green pearl earrings David had to go with the necklace.

Attachments

• Pearls I’ve gotten in the last few months
    Pearls I’ve gotten in the last few months
    101.1 KB · Views: 26
Charlotta- love all the workmanship and repurposing. I especially like the one pearl you have as a dangle from your clasp- very polished craftmanship.

86C- Really like the beetle wings and tanzanite earrings- great coordination with the green T's.

2thdktr, thank you. I always end my tincups with a dangling pearls and a o-ring just before the pearl. Then I can make the tincup longer if I want. If I only finished it with the chain it would tangle more.
86Corvettegirl, those earrings are lovely on you and I love your golden combo.

IMG_2388.jpgIt's been a while since I posted my "look"...all pieces are from my personal collection (not for sale) and the coin necklace is from my good friend Samantha at Heavenly Vices. It's a love token made from an 1857 seated liberty silver quarter. The bezel is set with diamonds. And of course the octo/mermaid clasp is from our own dear Sheri.

IMG_2393.jpgIMG_2389.jpgIMG_2390.jpgIMG_2391.jpgIMG_2392.jpg

Wow - between Red's adorable pipis, 86corvette's goldens and super cool horn earrings, and JP's stunning Tahitian look I'm rethinking my pearl wishlist today.

Back