Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

And That is one fabulous pearl, IHEART! Way to go!

BWeaves, ever since seeing your Blues pop against the olive (?) linen tunic top, I've been torn. I love perfect matching and great colors as opposed to neutrals, but that photo seriously challenged my beliefs. With regard to thread color though, unless it's a fashion statement itself, maybe it should just be the platform, letting the pearls glow without visual competition.

I'm only thinking out loud, though, and I'm eager to read other opinions.

Thanks lisa c :eek:

Yesterday, Kasumi pendant and earrings from Kojima and my TNT necklace from Ocean's Cove. Dress from Ann G Linen.

View attachment 63302

Today, Kojima blue drop earrings. Deep blue baroque akoya rope from PP. And The Swan.

View attachment 63303

Unfortunately, the BBA rope broke while I was wearing it today. The knot that was glued snapped. I never glue my knots. I personally feel the glue actually makes the knots weaker. I back knot instead. But anyway. It gives me a chance to restring. Currently, the pearls are strung on a medium grey thread, but I think they need more colorful knots.

View attachment 63304

What do you think? Sky matches the blues exactly. So it's the safe option. I think I used sky on my other BBA necklaces. But I'm leaning towards aqua, or maybe mint. Probably aqua. Let's vote!
I love all of these options...Since you're in a warm climate, I'd go for the aqua. Add a little bit of green tone to make the blues pop; mint might be too much green. this may come down to trying each option to see which looks best!

I think they would all be nice options, too. I would choose sky for myself, but my clothes tend to be more busy, so a colorful thread might make neutral colored pearls not as neutral with my clothes. It looks like you wear a lot of solid colors, so you might like the added color. Maybe if you knotted three or four pearls in the different colors, you would have a personal preference.

Thanks for all your votes. I know Sky will work, so I'm tempted to start knotting with Aqua, just to see what it looks like. If I don't like it, I can start over with Sky. My gut feeling is Mint is maybe too green. I used Mint to string my pistachio akoyas.

Today, I overdosed on pearls. Kojima Everything Bagel rope, long mixed tin-cup, and Tahitian keshi tin cup, worn with Mom's SS pearl drop earrings, and my SOC ring. Handwoven pleated shawl in silk and merino wool.

fullsizeoutput_975.jpg

fullsizeoutput_972.jpg

Tomorrow we celebrate Diwali at work. Sari time!!! I'm loading up on white pearls, too.

Thanks for all your votes. I know Sky will work, so I'm tempted to start knotting with Aqua, just to see what it looks like. If I don't like it, I can start over with Sky. My gut feeling is Mint is maybe too green. I used Mint to string my pistachio akoyas.

Today, I overdosed on pearls. Kojima Everything Bagel rope, long mixed tin-cup, and Tahitian keshi tin cup, worn with Mom's SS pearl drop earrings, and my SOC ring. Handwoven pleated shawl in silk and merino wool.

View attachment 63309

View attachment 63310

Tomorrow we celebrate Diwali at work. Sari time!!! I'm loading up on white pearls, too.

Gorgeous pearl I love the color , pretty ring :eek:

Looking great, BW. I love your mixed tin cup & keshi tin cup. And your ring is mesmerizing! Can't wait to see what you choose to wear for Diwali! Do you have a new Sari to wear?

Mmmm, yum! I love the color and texture of that shawl. Looks so nice with the gold linen.

I actually do have a new slinky silk sari, but I'm going to wear the one I wore last year because it's going to be cold tomorrow 60F!!! The one I'm going to wear is hand dyed ikat and handwoven tussah silk. It's not slinky, but has some body to the fabric, so it should be warmer. Yesterday it was almost 90F. The temperature really dropped today. And I'm layering on the pearls, because they keep my neck warm. Stay tuned for photos. I'm going full princess.

Last edited:
Been trying to get a picture of my Tahitian pearls that truly reflect their colors, but on my cell it’s hard. Here’s a post, but any suggestions on picture taking.
F67C228D-A5D0-47F2-BB7B-3F38CC7A619A.jpg

BW - My vote is for Sky then Aqua .. I agree with you about the knots and glue. If glue is used it needs to be a flexible glue and not a hard one...the thread does become stressed. Your many layers of pearls will keep you warm in that freezing 60 degrees..... :D That ring is gorgeous !

Mtummy- beautiful colours in your T strand !

Thank you, Jeremy for the compliment.

Mtummybear, I have two spots in my house that (when it is sunny outside) I can capture proper pictures. I figured this out first by taking pictures of pearls in the white box. Good luck, it can be a challenge!

Last edited:
I think they would all be nice options, too. I would choose sky for myself, but my clothes tend to be more busy, so a colorful thread might make neutral colored pearls not as neutral with my clothes. It looks like you wear a lot of solid colors, so you might like the added color. Maybe if you knotted three or four pearls in the different colors, you would have a personal preference.

Great idea.

DIWALI!!! So, not my usual pearl look, but I was competing with quite a lot of costume jewelry. Several people commented on my pearls and knew they were pearls, so that was nice.

Full length view with sapphire and ruby swans (pins at shoulder and hip to keep the pleats in place). This photo is pretty drab. The fabric has gold shot through it and the blue is much brighter.

fullsizeoutput_97e.jpg

Kojima drop earrings. Mom's 9 mm akoya choker, followed by my 9 mm baroque akoyas from PP, and Nana's double strand of 8mm Freshadamas from PP. Mom's mabe' and diamond enhancer. I had tried layering on a few more strands for a more jumbled up look, but I removed them because I liked the nesting better with the mabe' drop.

fullsizeoutput_980.jpg

Last edited:
BWeaves- you look stunning. The 4 strands with the enhancer and the drop earrings all together are really spectacular.

Oh, only now I scrolled back: BWeaves, such a fantastic outfit! The pure essence of classic pearl adornment.

Back