Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Annie: Beautiful T's!!! And I love how you styled them with a grey top with a lace insertion that mimics the shape of the pearls.

jeg, Pearl Dreams, Katbran,Charlotta, and BWeaves, thank for the compliments. :)

I'm thrilled with the pink and blue overtones of these pearls. They hold their color in all light.

Yesterday, Kasumi pendant and earrings from Kojima and my TNT necklace from Ocean's Cove. Dress from Ann G Linen.

fullsizeoutput_962.jpg

Today, Kojima blue drop earrings. Deep blue baroque akoya rope from PP. And The Swan.

fullsizeoutput_965.jpg

Unfortunately, the BBA rope broke while I was wearing it today. The knot that was glued snapped. I never glue my knots. I personally feel the glue actually makes the knots weaker. I back knot instead. But anyway. It gives me a chance to restring. Currently, the pearls are strung on a medium grey thread, but I think they need more colorful knots.

fullsizeoutput_969.jpg

What do you think? Sky matches the blues exactly. So it's the safe option. I think I used sky on my other BBA necklaces. But I'm leaning towards aqua, or maybe mint. Probably aqua. Let's vote!

Last edited:
Yesterday, Kasumi pendant and earrings from Kojima and my TNT necklace from Ocean's Cove. Dress from Ann G Linen.

View attachment 63302

Today, Kojima blue drop earrings. Deep blue baroque akoya rope from PP. And The Swan.

View attachment 63303

Unfortunately, the BBA rope broke while I was wearing it today. The knot that was glued snapped. I never glue my knots. I personally feel the glue actually makes the knots weaker. I back knot instead. But anyway. It gives me a chance to restring. Currently, the pearls are strung on a medium grey thread, but I think they need more colorful knots.

View attachment 63304

What do you think? Sky matches the blues exactly. So it's the safe option. I think I used sky on my other BBA necklaces. But I'm leaning towards aqua, or maybe mint. Probably aqua. Let's vote!

Yes I think Sky is a perfect match. :eek:

View attachment 63302

View attachment 63303

View attachment 63304

I like the mint! It brings out an overtone not seen with the other two to my eye and monitor

View attachment 63302

View attachment 63303

View attachment 63304

Sky is a perfect match & would be my preference if it were my strand but aqua would look good too. I would go with the one that compliments the colors of the pearls the best.

And That is one fabulous pearl, IHEART! Way to go!

BWeaves, ever since seeing your Blues pop against the olive (?) linen tunic top, I've been torn. I love perfect matching and great colors as opposed to neutrals, but that photo seriously challenged my beliefs. With regard to thread color though, unless it's a fashion statement itself, maybe it should just be the platform, letting the pearls glow without visual competition.

I'm only thinking out loud, though, and I'm eager to read other opinions.

Last edited:
Back