Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Well, you must have sent me some luck, because yesterday the rings were too tight, but right now, they fit! My hands are cold, so that could have helped...

Here are the rings from an older photo since it's too dark. They've been seen around a lot on the forum!

my favorite rings

jeg, SO cute!

annie and GemGeek, now you two have me obsessing over getting some pearl stackers. Your rings are gorgeous.

I love this thread (and I'm learning so much about different types of pearls and how to wear them).

This was my first "real" pearl purchase and I LOVE them! A custom piece made for me by The Last Pearl on Etsy (she is in Spain and was great to work with). They seem to be of very good quality to me. Better than those I have seen in jewelry stores around here anyway.. There are 4 Tahitians set with hematite beads on a 17" strand. I think the pic on the paper towel really captures the colors best.

pearls purple shirt

pearls grey sweater

custom piece made for me by The Last Pearl on Etsy

Thank you JerseyPearl, Battah and BWeaves!

GemGeek, that abalone ring is spectacular! I can relate to rings fitting one day and not the next. I have taken to buying my rings in a bigger size so they fit different fingers depending on the weather.

Eclecticgrl, what a great choice for your first pearl! Tahitians go with everything!

Wow I am so far behind on this !! Between getting the house on the market and birthdays..its been a busy two weeks. I'm tired of cleaning !!

So, I think I need to start with Annie - Love the little Tahitians !! So sweet !!

GemGeek ... That centre pearl does look a bit like a heart ! Its a very pretty necklace, I am sure you gets lots of wear out of it !

jeg - Very pretty pearl rings..I like the wave band !

Azurazzy - Always the WOW factor from you !! That seahorse is fabulous ! And the pearls..gorgeous of course !!

Sanippy - The necklace combo is perfect ! And your little earrings ..wonderful. I like making those and when I find my stash of Keshi from Cees I'm going to crank some out !! lol

Eclecticgrl, what a beautiful necklace. It looks like it goes with everything.

Thank you everyone for the compliments on my rope and rings. :eek:

GemGeek, I love your colorful rings!

Eclecticgrl, Welcome!

Lugana, sorry I missed your comment above! They really are such special pieces. I treasure them <3

Annnnd friends, last night I was reminded of how much I dislike stringing soufflés!! My advice is, when you buy them, have the seller string them for you because OMG what a pain. Love these John Tu mini-soufflés though!

John Tu mini-soufflés

JP that happened with the first batch of souffles I ever worked with - not so bad that I chucked them but I definitely had to clean them out. These don't seem to have a smell. But another downside is I couldn't really wash them like I usually do before stringing, to get rid of the rest of the dust. I didn't want them dribbling water forever...

I wiped them well with a damp cloth after stringing them up (on wire with silicone bumpers), so they seem ok for now. Canned air is a good call though, I'll get a can! In the past I've washed them on their temporary strand and hung to dry so the thread helps wick the moisture out of the cavity. This is a temp string-up so I may give them a temporary stringing on cotton thread and bathe them before I string them permanently. But there's no smell, thank goodness.

They are lovely!

Thank you! They're pretty interesting. The luster is more satiny than shiny, but they have really nice orient so the overall effect is pretty. I'm enjoying them!

Eclecticgrl, love your necklace!

Battah, seriously cool soufflés!

Back