• Become a Pearl Insider!

Register as a member today for exclusive access to, member only insider info, incredible contests to exotic locations, and have your questions answered by pearl experts from around the world.

Join the community today. Just click Register at the top!

Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Lugana

Pearl Dreams, jeg, thank you! That's one of Jac's gemstone quality pearls))

Pareltje, thank you! the trip to Japan was wonderful))) I'm glad I was in good company there though))

BWeaves, thank you! I like how you wear peridots with pistachios! they compliment each other so much)) and I love all your vintage pieces, especially the rings)))

battah, you did well on the photo! lovely combination of colors with your top as well))

annie, superb color pearl, congratulations!!

I was wearing my mabe pearl studs. Since they will be subject to a cruel experiment pretty soon, I decided to give them a few more wears while they are still intact :D :D

Mabe pearl earring earshot 2.jpg

Mabe pearl earrings.jpg

jeg

Traveling Pearl
I was trying on pearls with this new dress... silver Tahitians from PP, “Sea Glass” Tahitian necklace from Kojima, and ombré Tahitian and SS necklace from Kojima. Too cold to wear around here right now.

C3F30A8C-B4A5-481F-948A-24C6CC9569ED.jpg

jeg

Traveling Pearl
Lugana- They are too pretty, what are you going to do to them??? It sounds scary!

Lugana

Lugana- They are too pretty, what are you going to do to them??? It sounds scary!
There was a thread here some time ago, about Pearls with gold paint. I don't quite believe in gold paints in general, but the design kind of intrigued me.

So after some experiments, pondering and constructive eye rolling I think I've found a way to make an earring that would be actually covered in thin karat gold lace, but that would be a self-sufficient setting, not just a paint. And these particular earrings are planned to be used the first version of that design))

battah

This is interesting! I've seen artists paint with gold leaf paint they mix themselves (gold leaf with some kind of solvent). I wonder if you could do something like that and seal it afterward. I'd do it on earrings maybe, since they don't get touched too much, but I'd be afraid of it wearing off of the pearl.

Or hmm mixing gold leaf with some kind of resin so it cures hard....

jeg

Traveling Pearl
I’m intrigued, Lugana- looking forward to seeing the results!

BWeaves

Wearing my Ruckus 2017 Hanadama earrings with my natural white Hanadama rope from PP, and The Hamantaschen.

fullsizeoutput_370.jpg

fullsizeoutput_371.jpg

annie

jeg, I like your ombré Tahitian and SS necklace!

BWeaves, your Hanadama rope is beautiful!

Pearl Dreams, jeg, and Lugana, thank you for the comments on my new green keshi ring. I'm posting another picture of it in better light. I took a picture of it with another Kamoka ring.

IMG_3948.jpg

annie

Today I wore my blue-green Tahitian drops.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4011.jpg Views:	1 Size:	66.3 KB ID:	379133

A better picture:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1444.jpg Views:	1 Size:	51.0 KB ID:	379134

Last edited by a moderator:

BWeaves

I know everyone has tried to get me to wear my T's in the summer, but they are definitely fall and winter pearls. They just glow in autumn light and against sweaters.

jeg

Traveling Pearl
BWeaves- the all white always looks so elegant.

Annie- I like the two Kamoka rings together. Also a very pretty Tahitian strand.

jeg

Traveling Pearl
Thanks, Marianne! I know you can’t tell but it’s a dress. Wish I could capture the pearl colors more accurately...

CathyKeshi

Annie, your new green keshi ring is dreamy and delightful ... as are those blue green Tahitian drops ... yummy :)

Lugana, I can't wait to see that gold lace setting !!!!!

battah

Annie, those rings are stunning! Great color pics. And love your Ts.

BWeaves, your white ropes are always so elegant.

jeg, love your multicolor Ts! I'd love to play in your jewelry box!

Today's look - I kind of dig how the oxidation on the crescent picks up the greens and blues in the Ts. I was going to remove the oxidation and add gold accents but now I'm undecided.
018F26D2-FCB3-49E3-9B10-234AB1A54B07.jpg
909D7891-A1C3-4777-BDFE-DF531E6A32E0.jpg

la_corsetiere

Super Moderator
I love the crescent, Battah - and I agree, the oxidized color complements the pearls perfectly!