Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

I'm trying to show how close a match the strand and earrings look when they're on even though the overtones are different. But my mirror shows a closer match than the camera is picking up. I wanted the look of a nice round WSS set (who doesn't, right?) but my budget was more in line with imperfect WSS earring pearls (slightly drop-shaped and slightly circled)) w/ a larger freshwater strand. :)

View attachment 45835

They look great! I love that they go together as a set but are not identical. I think it adds a bit of interest to the eye. So beautiful! :)

Fabulous pearls, sea urchin! The pearls simply glow!
Sunday pearls. Mirror metallic peach of approximately 9-10mm fwps with my bunch of metallic grapes
IMG_20161030_111934.jpg

Arghhh so gorgeous pareltje! Those peach metallics!! And the grapes! Just divine.

Thanks hanadama. It was difficult to take a picture oh them. The colors don't show well because of the luster.

I don't look for a day and you all post lots more goodies. Everything and everyone looks gorgeous.

I've ordered some Aron Alpha super glue from Rio Grande (per Hisano's recommendation). While I was at it, I ordered some locking tweezers (so I can position the emerald without getting glue and fingerprints all over everything. And one of the hook enhancers I've been ogling for some time, so I can hang my pearl drops off any necklace.

As for glue. I would also recommend super glue for emerald to emerald. Just make sure they are super clean and dry.

Super glue is amazing. I once had a button on a knitted wool coat break in half. I glued it back together with a wool fiber in between and it never broke again although it was washed and worn for at least two more winters. You had to look very closely to see that anything was amiss.

The hypo cement is great for finishing off knots and anything where you need a slight amount of give after the glue is dry. It's made for gluing crystals to the face of a watch so they can be removed later, so it isn't a good choice for a permanent bond on two hard surfaces. It worked great on gluing tiny pearls into my octopus earrings, but I would never use it on a ring.

The E6000 is interesting stuff. It really sticks disparate things together well and is stretchy. You have to yank hard to get things apart. I know this because I didn't trust how well it would hold so I tested it after it was dry.

Bob's head was glued with E6000...

kamoka kojima brass bracelet

Fabulous pearls, sea urchin! The pearls simply glow!
Sunday pearls. Mirror metallic peach of approximately 9-10mm fwps with my bunch of metallic grapes
View attachment 45898

I am totally in love with this enhancer!!! I think I NEED to have one like it or sort of like it ;) I recall that one of our posters here has a similar one with multi-colored metallic pearls. Did you have it made or create it yourself? Anyway it is just eye popping lovely.

Annoushka brown diamond hoop earrings with freshwater pearl drops.

I bought these more for the overall look rather than the quality of the pearls. I've loved the design ever since I saw the Duchess of Cambridge wear them. Posting these in case anyone was curious to see photos of them! :)

20161030_095346.jpgrps20161026_224748.jpg20161030_095551.jpg20161030_095634.jpgbox.jpg.jpg

Last edited:
Gorgeous mochiko! I love the huggies, they look very well made - substantial and well proportioned and the brown diamonds are ever so romantic. The pearls are lovely and well matched and the great thing about these earrings is that you can find different drops to wear them with!

Gorgeous mochiko! I love the huggies, they look very well made - substantial and well proportioned and the brown diamonds are ever so romantic. The pearls are lovely and well matched and the great thing about these earrings is that you can find different drops to wear them with!

I think it's great I can get different drops to wear with them. My husband just had a slightly concerned/bemused look when I told him that it meant I should get more drops to go with the hoops, lol!

I am totally in love with this enhancer!!! I think I NEED to have one like it or sort of like it ;) I recall that one of our posters here has a similar one with multi-colored metallic pearls. Did you have it made or create it yourself? Anyway it is just eye popping lovely.
Thanks you Newberry and trulyviolet for your compliments. I made the enhancer myself after amassing a lot of multicolor metallic drops.
I indeed also saw the same pendant of HHPMom and wanted to copy the design. But I had too many metallic drop pearls and I wanted to use them all and I had to use whatever jewelry material was available and I could get easily from UK. So this is the final result. I use 18k gold for the enhancer hook, the eyepins and the chain. I attached the pins with two-part epoxy which took nearly 30 minutes to finally dry - sigh of relief!

Love your diamond hoops, mochiko. They're so versatile.

Last edited:
Thank you for the glue lesson, GemGeek. That's exactly what I needed to know.

Pareltje would you mind posting a few more pictures of the pendent? I love the idea of multiple chains with the pearls. The pendent would then have lots of movement. I also think that wearing it with the matching strand makes it a total look. Very well done!

Newberry, the pearls are attached to a single chain. Because of its length, sometimes I tuck a little part of the chain in the enhancer clasp to shorten it. When I fancy wearing it long I just let it hang off a ribbon necklace (choker style) the way it is. Here are some pictures to give you an idea.IMG_20161031_184753.jpg
IMG_20161031_184835.jpg
IMG_20161031_190753.jpg

Last edited:
I made it myself, JP. I bought too many drops lol. It would have been too costly to have it made

Newberry, the pearls are attached to a single chain. Because of its length, sometimes I tuck a little part of the chain in the enhancer clasp to shorten it. When I fancy wearing it long I just let it hang off a ribbon necklace (choker style) the way it is. Here are some pictures to give you the idea.View attachment 45916
View attachment 45917
View attachment 45918

Well you totally fooled me with how you made this. If I remember correctly it is very much like HHPmoms. I really love it. Thank you so much for all of the pictures. Now I just need to think about the pearls.

Back