Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Wow Sea Urchin, those are big gun pearls!
Very lovely golden peach, you wear it well

Very nice, sea urchin and moch!

Pendant revamp: I ended up doing a gradation of tonal silvery lavender pearls. I think it looks much improved from the original.
image.jpg

MSC, it's a worthwhile effort to revamp the necklace. Your necklace looks fabulous

I got an e-mail back from Hisano. She thought I could fix it myself, but if there were any problems to go ahead and send it to her.

I have some G-S Hypo Cement. Hisano said she uses Arno Super Glue.

The emerald did not fall out. It sheared off, so I'll be attaching emerald to emerald, not emerald to pearl. I'll give it a try this weekend.

BWeaves, if I were you I would not use hypo cement. From my experience it's not strong enough. I only use it to glue the knotted thread near the clasp. I'd rather use E6000 to glue the emeralds because it's much stronger, it's a one part epoxy type of glue.

BWeaves, if I were you I would not use hypo cement. From my experience it's not strong enough. I only use it to glue the knotted thread near the clasp. I'd rather use E6000 to glue the emeralds because it's much stronger, it's a one part epoxy type of glue.

Yes, Hisano recommended super glue. I've been googling all sorts of glues.

Lovely metallic strand, Mochiko.

Also lovely lavender-blue-silver re-do of the pendant, MSC.

Katbran, I can wear these earrings all day with no problem. For some reason, I find large pearl earrings much more comfortable when they're dangles rather than posts.

I'm about to get ready for date night. Woo hoo! I'm wearing the same WSS pearl earrings as yesterday (14-15mm), with a 10.5-11.5mm freshwater strand. The sneaky smile is because I'm not supposed to have the necklace until my anniversary in a couple of months. I bet he won't even notice haha! :)

datenight2.jpg

datenight1.jpg

datenight3.JPG

Last edited:
I'm trying to show how close a match the strand and earrings look when they're on even though the overtones are different. But my mirror shows a closer match than the camera is picking up. I wanted the look of a nice round WSS set (who doesn't, right?) but my budget was more in line with imperfect WSS earring pearls (slightly drop-shaped and slightly circled)) w/ a larger freshwater strand. :)

datenight4.JPG

Last edited:
Sea Urchin you look fabulous! Enjoy your date night!

MSC - your revamped pendant turned out beautifully! Great design and I love the silvery lavender pearls.

Silver babies for me today!

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

I'm trying to show how close a match the strand and earrings look when they're on even though the overtones are different. But my mirror shows a closer match than the camera is picking up. I wanted the look of a nice round WSS set (who doesn't, right?) but my budget was more in line with imperfect WSS earring pearls (slightly drop-shaped and slightly circled)) w/ a larger freshwater strand. :)

View attachment 45835

they look wonderful to me
enjoy your night

Oh BWeaves, that is a total me move...on both fronts. Once I drove over an earring (it became embedded in the tire).

Love all the pearls!!!

me rolling over my favorite rose gold hoop earring ultimately led me to you folks....
i can't bare to melt the other down

This thread is my nightly guilty pleasure. Love everyone's pearls. The perfect eye candy for very sweet dreams ;)

Thank you all! I'm so glad that I pulled the trigger on these pearls, I find myself reaching for them often.

Vi, yes I think your description is correct. Although the overtones vary between the pearls overall the strand appears very much silver with a hint of blue.

Last edited:
Back