Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Really super simple today. My Keshi tin cup

Keshi tin cup

Lovely pearls everybody!
Love that tin cup!

JerseyPearl, here are some close ups of the pendant. It was purchased in northern England, but it's French. It's either Edwardian or possibly late Victorian.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Lmgarden, wow! Gorgeous blue akoyas, they look amazing together. And I agree, a GSS pearl would look perfect with them.

My squiggle drops necklace. It just doesn't photograph well. The colors are amazing, even if they are dyed.

IMG_0923.jpg
IMG_0927.jpg

I wore it with silver and moonstone earrings, and moonstone and sapphire rings.

Thanks. I had the silver findings in my bead stash. I saw the pearls in a bead store, and was drawn to the color and the way they looked just strung in hanks to sell. I originally though I would use them as drops as part of a fringe for a handwoven shawl, but I just loved how they squiggled when strung, so I just went with it.

You are very very good. Inspiration is like a cat; it doesn't always come when I call. :)

I'm a little late to respond - it's been a busy couple days at work!! Thank you, everybody for your kind words!! I'm so happy to have found so many Pearl queens to share with. So many beauties... so little time!!

BWeaves that squiggle necklace has so many interesting elements, really beautiful!

These are yesterday's pearls. All I had were my ripple dangles but yesterday evening I thought about Purranha's suggestion re connecting my 5-6mm BBA and 5-6mm golden akoya. Then I realized I also have a 5-6mm pistachio akoya rope so I connected them all and really liked the look! It has a bit of an ombre feel.

POJrippledangle.jpg
5-6mm BBA and 5-6mm golden akoya
5-6mm blue baroque akoya and 5-6mm golden akoya pearl paradise

Back