Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Get well soon. Still looking chic despite illness. Love the mix of White and Tahitian strand.

Me out with the kids wearing my Pearl Paradise Wisp freshadama and Ripples tincup from Wenspearls etsy.

Pearl Paradise Wisp freshadama and Ripples tincup from Wenspearls etsy

Thanks Purranha, cricket and Kalmen22 for the compliments on my new HG ripples! Sometimes I just wear them around the house - I love the feel of them around my neck!

Purranha, beautiful strands of pearls will always cheer up a girl when she's not feeling well - feel better!!

Kalmen22, I'm new to Pearl-guide as well. Your long strands look gorgeous on you!!

gorgeous pendant, BWeaves!
And super cool rings!
Here's my last two days of "pearls in action"

Tahitian drop with spiral necklace (my first beadweaving effort)

View attachment 41115

Beachy rosebud pearl rope (with sea glass, crystal, sterling, and coconut shell beads)
View attachment 41118

I took two of the most interesting rosebuds and made them into simple wire-wrapped dangle earrings (but couldn't get a good ear shot!)
View attachment 41117

I meant to comment on this days ago but my kids take over the computer on the weekend and I'm left with my iphone only!

I like the layering of the Tahitian drop with the spiral necklace and I'm so impressed with anyone who can make their own jewelry!

The two rosebud pearls you chose for earrings look lovely! Can you take a close-up pic of your beachy rosebud pearl rope? It looks great and I'd love to see it up close. Is this the project you worked on with the rosebuds that you were initially disappointed with?

Lmgarden-- that's a gorgeous strand of blue akoya (and good for you using sunscreen)! Also very excited to see your HG! I'd love to see a close-up or two...?

Newberry-- what a delicious treat to see all those Tahitians together! I'm going to take a close look at them in July!

Hanadama-- beautiful crown! I had to look up "hen party" (ironically we have 15 hens, see avatar!)-- hope you had fun!

Purranha-- I always love to see your layers! I'm sorry you're not well today : (

Purranha -- you are a champ for sporting pearls while sick! feel better soon!!

BN -- thanks so much :) here is the best closeup i have at the moment of the beachy rope, and yes these were the rosebuds I wasn't so thrilled with. i think for this purpose they turned out fine since it is so casual and the pearls are quite scattered.

sea strand closeup.jpg

ETA -- so that photo looks awful, sorry! i'll try again for a better closeup another time.

Baby nurse, thank you!

I took pics in various lighting... You'll see the difference, but still, photos don't capture the kaleidoscope of colors! I think I'll switch the toggle clasp to an orbit. Because of the weight the toggle sometimes slips out. The weight doesn't bother me - I'm relieved to know.

BWeaves I love the hamentaschen on you - the luster is amazing. It almost looks wet!

image.jpg
Colorful strand of ripple pearls
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I love the stop sign photo bomb...as if you would ever stop wearing pearls!

HAHAHA! I just noticed the stop sign. The industrial park where I work has a street that ends at a field, and that stop sign is on the gate. It's a dead end. I usually walk to the dead end and then turn around and walk a loop around my office building for exercise.

One day, this guy comes zooming up the street, and screeches to a halt at the gate. He does a U-turn and pulls up next to me, rolls down his window and says, "Where does this street go?"

I pointed in the direction he just came from and said, "It goes that way."

He said, "Thank you," and screeched off in the other direction.

Now if he'd asked me, "Where's the airport?" or "Where's hotel such-and-such?" I wouldn't have given such a sarcastic answer. Actually, I should be amazed that a man asked for directions at all. Bet he never does that again.

your pearls are beautiful! I am a newbie here, what kind of pearls are they? Thank You.

HAHAHA! I just noticed the stop sign. The industrial park where I work has a street that ends at a field, and that stop sign is on the gate. It's a dead end. I usually walk to the dead end and then turn around and walk a loop around my office building for exercise.

One day, this guy comes zooming up the street, and screeches to a halt at the gate. He does a U-turn and pulls up next to me, rolls down his window and says, "Where does this street go?"

I pointed in the direction he just came from and said, "It goes that way."

He said, "Thank you," and screeched off in the other direction.

Now if he'd asked me, "Where's the airport?" or "Where's hotel such-and-such?" I wouldn't have given such a sarcastic answer. Actually, I should be amazed that a man asked for directions at all. Bet he never does that again.

I'm just having a laughing fit about your oh so sensible directions!!!

Back