• Become a Pearl Insider!

Register as a member today for exclusive access to, member only insider info, incredible contests to exotic locations, and have your questions answered by pearl experts from around the world.

Join the community today. Just click Register at the top!

Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

BAS

enbcfsobe -- I'm a big fan of the tassle!

baby nurse -- Each strand is lovely and the two together are beautiful!

BWeaves

La Perlagrina and my opal and Tahitian drop earrings.

IMG_0899.jpg

I bought a new chain for the pendant. I have a bunch of 18" yellow gold rope chains, left over from pendants I don't own anymore. But for some reason, the loop ends wouldn't fit through the hole in the bail. Just a tad too big. I did find one chain that worked but the gold was actually too yellow, and the chain just blended in with my skin. So I ordered this 20" diamond cut yellow gold chain, and it shows up better against my skin and matches the pendant better. It's a bit cleavagey, but I thought that it would work better if I wear the pendant over a sweater or shell. I've ordered the same chain in 18" because I like the way it looks and the loop end fits easily through the bail. That will give me two different lengths to choose from.

The rope chain I felt disappeared against my skin.

IMG_0866.jpg

I'd love to use a thicker chain, but I'm concerned that the loop end won't fit, I don't want to spend a lot of money ordering and returning chains. I've already done that 3 times so far.

Last edited:

Oh Them Gems

Lovely pendant, BWeaves, congratulations! I too was admiring it on the Kamoka site. I also recently purchased a large teardrop pearl (Kojima) and had no suitable chain for it. I purchased an 18" chain and had a jump ring, or eyelet, as the jeweller called it, added two inches from the end, so that I could wear it either 16 or 18 inches long, without having to purchase two chains.

newberry

BWeaves love you new pendent. Drops are my preferred shape and the bale is very attractive too. I hope you bring it to the ruckus :)