Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

And now back to our regularly scheduled program.

Yellow gold and diamond huggies that were a gift from my mother. I think this is how I'll usually wear the drops.

Yellow gold and diamond huggies

Yellow gold and diamond oval hoops that were another gift from my mother.

Yellow gold and diamond oval hoops

Yellow gold and CZ loopy earrings. These normally have an earring jacket that loops in the opposite direction, but I took the jacket off to try the drops on the main earring.

Yellow gold and diamond oval hoops

The earrings.

The earrings

The drops next to my natural white Hanadama 8mm rope from PP. The pink reflection in the left pearl is me. It was breast cancer awareness day at work and we all wore pink shirts.

drops next to my natural white Hanadama 8mm rope from Pearl Paradise

Last edited by a moderator:
Things sure are glorious today! I'm awestruck. I think the pearls on the shawl look like stars And the clustered lights of a village.

look at those drops, that luster...

I love your tapestry (is that the proper term for the textile?) My grand mother was a weaver...I never learned the skill, but always wanted to...she would never let me near her loom. Your collection of pearls and earrings are fantastic. Wear them all well!

Good call on the tapestry. The shawl was woven in an 8 shaft twill, and I laid in the weft in a tapestry technique, but since the fabric is not weft faced, it's not actually a tapestry. It's a balanced weave structure, so the warp and weft show equally. In tapestry, the weft completely covers the warp.

I'm having a bit too much fun playing with my new drops. I don't think I'll wear them this way, but I thought I'd thread them on my white and yellow gold cables and see what they looked like. They move around a bit too much I think. I had a hard time getting them to stay lined up for the photo.

Drop pearls on white and yellow gold cables

Ckrickett, LOVE that clever combination of necklaces .. very creative!

BWeaves, your pearls are lovely ... but OH that shawl ... how wonderful!!! I'm trying to teach myself the craft of fine lace knitting ... 3 ripped stitches for every one I've kept LOL. I want to go back and try some more silk ribbon embroidery embellished with FW pearls too ... never enough time. Spinning and weaving is so fascinating.

Wow, beautiful shawl and of course beautiful pearls!
Thank you for sharing!

And today the new drops get worn.

IMG_2214.jpg

I swear the lighting looked better when I took the photograph.

BWeaves,

The versatile earrings are so cool! And the woven shawl incredibly gorgeous. My Mom was a spinner & accomplished weaver, so I appreciate all it takes to make something that beautiful and original.

Ckrickett, love your layered pearl pendants with the interesting caps~

I truly enjoy Everyone's posts here, but just can't keep up sometimes.

Thank you all for your kind comments.

I feel like I'm hogging the thread lately, but I just got my Kojima drops in the mail today.

Here are Kojima's white FW drops. They have a perfect drop shape, and a softer, creamier luster than the baroque metallic FW drops.

Kojima's white FW drops

Here are Kojima's natural color blue grey baroque drops. They remind me of coffee beans for some reason, but they match my Vietnamese baroque akoya necklace very well. The drops have hints of pink in them.

Kojima's natural color blue grey baroque drop

And here are the drops next to some of my necklaces.
Top necklaces left to right: PP blue baroque akoyas 10mm, my akoya dog collar.
Drops left to right: baroque metallic FW 12mm, Kojima teardrop FW 15 mm, Kojima blue grey 11mm.
Bottom necklaces left to right: PP natural white Hanadamas 8mm, PP Freshadamas 8mm, PP Vietnamese baroque akoya 9mm.

Top necklaces left to right: PP blue baroque akoyas 10mm, my akoya dog collar.  Drops left to right: baroque metallic FW 12mm, Kojima teardrop FW 15 mm, Kojima blue grey 11mm.  Bottom necklaces left to right: PP natural white Hanadamas 8mm, PP Freshadamas 8mm, Pearl Paradise Vietnamese baroque akoya 9mm.

I found it interesting that my blue baroque akoyas actually looked better with the metallic drops, than with the Kojima blue grey drops.

I probably should quit buying drops now . . . except . . . I ordered this unique shaped pearl from Pacific Pearls, and I'll ask you all what to do with it when it arrives. I think it looks like a leaf. Well, I'll show you when it gets here. I just don't want to stick a bail on it and say done. I want to put it in an interesting setting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad we don't have to vote on favorites here, because I sure couldn't.

Oooo, Purrana, I love your pearls, especially what you've done with the Tahitians! Please tell us more about the roundels you used. And I love your blouse.

I can't stop playing with my new drops.

I wondered if I could use them as earring jackets.

Here's the Kojima teardrop with a diamond pave' stud.

Kojima teardrop with a diamond pave' stud

And here's the Kojima grey blue drop used on the back of a tourmaline and diamond stud. I know the big pearl in back is in right now, but I don't think I like it on me. I'd be too afraid the ear nut would come off and I'd lose the pearl. But it's interesting.

Kojima grey blue drop

Last edited:
Back