• Become a Pearl Insider!

Register as a member today for exclusive access to, member only insider info, incredible contests to exotic locations, and have your questions answered by pearl experts from around the world.

Join the community today. Just click Register at the top!

Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

BWeaves

JEG: Love your tin-cup. I can't believe you just said, "Oh, these old random pearls I had laying around the house. I just whipped up a necklace." It's gorgeous.

And speaking of gorgeous. Here's my birthday present to myself. My birthday isn't for a few weeks yet, but Sarah at Kojima has been looking out for me. There was an long ombre' tin-cup on the Kojima website right before Tuscon, and I missed out on it. So Sarah said she was working on another one. I saw it in the photos someone posted from Pearls By The Bay, and I asked if anyone had snapped it up. Nobody had. It's MINE.

It's 44" long, and the pearls are HUGE. And because it has no clasp, I can wear any of the colors in front and it completely changes the look of the necklace. Plus, it's long enough to easily double.

IMG_0534.jpeg

IMG_0532.jpeg

IMG_0535.jpeg

BWeaves

I know I said I liked tin-cups because there were lightweight, but this new necklace is heavy. I really wasn't expecting the pearls to be so big. But they are sooooo shiny and lustrous.

CortezPearls

PG Forum Admin
I've decided what I really love about tin-cups.

1. They are lighter weight on my neck than a full strand of pearls.

2. They really show off the pearls.

3. Living in hot, sweaty Florida, the tin-cups are easy to wash and dry. I don't have to worry about the knots getting wet or dirty.

4. I never have to restring them.
Totally practical and beautiful. Great combo!

jeg

Traveling Pearl
Thank you, Jeremy, SurfnSci and BWeaves! Bweaves, that’s a fantastic new strand! Such a nice variety of color and size.

Tahitians on white gold slides from the Tahiti Pearl Market, and two bracelets I knotted with tiny Tahitians from Collins Pearls. The tinies are 5-7mm.
49DA752A-2BC1-4E6A-AF01-F5B2DD1D9637.jpegD687B99E-A5A6-4DDC-A3F6-EC948179528D.jpegDF1EBC60-8E75-46AB-8FA5-7C12E67B2647.jpegFD82DEA6-F3CC-451B-9ED8-A195BD1D3D7D.jpeg

SurfnSci

Pearl-minded
Those pearls are so gorgeous, @jeg, and I love everything about your look today, from the pearls to your outfit :D I just *adore* those tiny Collins T's!

BWeaves

JEG, love the pearls, but I thought your dress looked like the print was stylized pearls. I love it.

jeg

Traveling Pearl
Thanks so much, Jeremy, SurfnSci and BWeaves! You know my pearl choices well, Jeremy! I do love the colorful T’s. Thank you, SurfnSci. The bracelet pearls are from the latest harvest. I have more 5-7mm tinies to play with and I’m thinking next I’ll make a 21’ strand so I can also wrap it 3 times as a bracelet. BWeaves, I recently realized I have a lot of polka dotted clothes!

Welcome Lily Blanche Jewellery! That’s a cool free form pendant!

Another pic of the 2 bracelets made with 5-7mm tiny T’s from Collin’s Pearls.
C4705796-CD68-4D3E-B398-3BB17E623916.jpeg

BWeaves

Hi Lily Blanche:

Pretty pearl. For some reason, it reminds me of a seahorse. I'd like to see it with a more interesting bail. I had a pearl mounted with a single twisted wire once and it broke the first time I wore it. Also, I just think an interesting bail turns a piece of jewelry from "here's a dangle" to "here's a necklace."

Last edited:

jeg

Traveling Pearl
Thanks Jeremy! I don‘t often do wrist shots, and I am a big fan of ALL of Hisano’s tiny pearls!!!

BWeaves, I have been casually looking for some huggies, but they are something I need to shop for in person in order to assure the right fit. Love your classic Miki’s!

A scattered custom Tahitian tin cup from PP, with a tahitian pendant from Kamoka. The latest strand I knotted with 6-7mm tinies from Collin’s Pearls. It’s around 21”, and worn wrapped three times around the wrist.
5079A0E3-2C59-4536-A9BF-CD1BCA6B1537.jpeg96FD7D33-3117-4E23-A430-34DA280061E7.jpeg26A8EDC2-2B9F-4EC9-B1F5-767E9E4BB5A8.jpeg

BWeaves

I love your Scattered Tin-Cup, JEG. I especially love that the orbit clasps on both ends open, so you can make it a Y necklace or hang a pendant off the end. The tiny Tahitians are gorgeous.

JEG: I particularly like these Miki Huggies because the post goes straight through, and the lever back is solid and thick. You could wear them back to front and not notice a difference. I liked this style so much I bought it in both white gold and yellow gold. Some of the other similar styles that Miki has with diamonds have a thinner curved center post, which I don't like.