• Become a Pearl Insider!

Register as a member today for exclusive access to, member only insider info, incredible contests to exotic locations, and have your questions answered by pearl experts from around the world.

Join the community today. Just click Register at the top!

Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

AzFlyGirl

Though I have not gotten a good picture of me wearing it, thought I would post a favorite 'go to' strand.

This summer when at Kojima's Pearls by the Bay, I was looking for a fun silver colored T necklace. Though at the time the strand I liked was purchased by someone else, I did not give up. Thanks to Sarah and Booz, they found a special strand for me shortly after my return home. It is a large baroque Silver T strand, that has blue overtones to it. It is such a cool strand. Sadly my pictures do not show just how lovely it is, with its beautiful blue overtones and the amazing lustre. I wanted to share my 'go to' fun strand I love to wear.Kojima Silver Blue Baroque Ts 2.jpg

Attachments

• Kojima Silver Blue Baroque Ts.jpg
    Kojima Silver Blue Baroque Ts.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Gemandpearlover

AZFlyGirl you new Tahitian and SS strand is beautiful. I can see why you needed to make it yours. The luster is mesmerizing.

Today I am wearing a humble silver baroque Akoya strand with tear drop metallic FW strand from Wen on Etsy. I strung these with tiny Hematite beads. The Akoyas are about 8.5mm. I came home from work the other day and found that I had $15 dollars in Ebay bucks that were going to expire in an hour. I started looking at candles and then put "baroque pearl, used" in the Ebay search and these Akoyas came up. The clasp is 10k gold so for $35 dollars I thought what the heck. I was pleased when they arrived.

IMG_2379.jpg

IMG_2374.jpg

AzFlyGirl

GemandPearlover the necklace looks very nice. Love the colors and it layers so well with your other strand. Such a versatile new necklace.

Red

AzFlyGirl- Love your new strands. I've been admiring those amazing green Tahitians and SS strands that Cees has been showing. How nice that you sprung for one. And, I remember you hunting for a special Tahitian strand this summer at Pearls By the Bay. Thanks for coming back to show us your new silver T necklace. It is very special.

Gemandpearlover - Great strands. Love your Ebay bucks purchase.

SydK

I’m loving all the baroque silver Tahitian strands that have suddenly appeared this season. The lustre on yours is fabulous, Azflygirl, and gemandpearlover, your strands look great together.

Parrot Lady

AzFlyGirl, your WSS and T necklace from Cees is gorgeous, and I love the grey Ts. I think grey must be THE color right now.

Gemandpearlover, great bargain on those pre-loved akoyas. The two strand go so well together and I’m sure you’ll wear them often.

Charlotta

AzFlyGirl, your silver tahitian strand is gorgeous. How big are the pearls? They look quite large.
Gemandpearlover, great ebay find. I used to buy vintage akoyas on ebay but and sometimes making really nice deals, but it was years ago. The metallic drops from Wen looks great and combine so well with the silvery akoyas. They look great on you.

lisa c

Perpetual Pearl Student
Hi, G&P, I heard that from someone else as well, and that’s what I’m using, a phone. I’ll know better and not flip pics now, unless someone says EekHelp!

Sadly your find was so great and looks so good on you, you made me look at eBay for hours last night...oh woe. Must. Not. Look. ....weak...

Last edited:

AzFlyGirl

Thank you Red, Sydk, Parrot Lady, Charlotta and Pattye. You are too kind.

Charlotta, I just looked back to see the size of my banded silver blue strand, it is 12M to 13.9m. So yes, it is a larger pearl strand. The coloration is unique, as in some places you see a distinct blue overtone, and then other places near the bands you see pinks, and darker grays. It is so unique and the reason I was thrilled when I saw the pictures Sarah and Booz sent to me.

Unfortunately my photos do not show the real beauty of my pearls. Try as I may, inside my home I have yet to find a room or spot where the lighting photographs well to show the luster, overtones and true colors of my pearls. Disappointing. By accident, oddly, I found my pearls photograph best when I have taken a selfie, whilst waiting for the tram to take me to the terminal at work. The airport parking lot of all places. It is a sheltered area, with indirect full light, which is perfect. The best photos thus far. Sadly, the background is of cars.......and boring, I am always in my uniform. :( However you can see the luster and color oh so well in those photos.

Charlotta and Pattye, here is the photo that was sent to me from Kojima, of the large banded silver T. So much better than mine..Kojima Silver Blue Baroque pic.jpg

Last edited:

AzFlyGirl

Here is an interesting photo conundrum. I have an affection for Ripple pearls, and have collected quite a few.

Not too long ago, (going to work) I took this picture of one of my Kojima Ripple necklace. It is a very golden pond slime color. After seeing the picture, I was blown away as you could see all the beautiful luster and overtone colors and they sparkled. I got quite a few compliments on it. However I will include another photo of the same necklace I took in my home. One would never guess it was the same necklace ! Kojima Pond Slime PG.jpg

Kojima Pond Slime strand.jpg

Last edited:

Charlotta

The silver tahitians really are stunning, AzFlyGirl, and so big. It's really hard to find a good place for photos. Sometimes you can get good photos inside a car, at least when it's overcast. I bought a small portable lightbox and it work in a pinch, but it doesn't have the great light that our outdoor room at our summer cabin. That room faces north and have a see-through roof, it's perfect for pearl photography. However it's an hour and a half drive and do not have running water in the winter months, I had to get water from the well in a bucket this morning. At home the lighting isn't that good. Keep trying, there might be good light where you least expect it. My big ripples look horrid in most photos...

Last edited:

Gemandpearlover

I am wearing a bigger mixed color T strand with a strand of blue/white Akoyas that have Tahitian accent pearls. I really like some of the lighter green/gold pearls in this strand that go well with the mint shirt I am wearing. My Iphone de-saturates everything I photograph but the shirt is a bright mint green. The T strand has a silver/cz clasp.

IMG_2460.jpg

IMG_2466.jpg

86Corvettegirl

Oh, My!!! I'm gone for a couple of days & missed so much!! So many beautiful pearls, Ladies!! I am in awe!!

Kanaloa went out for an early dinner & drinks to celebrate the Marine Corps birthday. It's so hard to take a good pic in a moving car. LOL

Attachments

• 20191110_160655.jpg
    20191110_160655.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 0