• Become a Pearl Insider!

Register as a member today for exclusive access to, member only insider info, incredible contests to exotic locations, and have your questions answered by pearl experts from around the world.

Join the community today. Just click Register at the top!

Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

pearlsandstars

Thank you for the lovely shout out, Pearl Dreams! Your Fijian pearl is truly stunning and it immediately grabbed my attention.

I have been an infrequent browser at this forum for many years but have forgotten my original username so I created a new account. I hope to be a very frequent poster :)

I adore golden South Sea pearls but I also love all other types of pearls. Seeing pictures of Tahitian pearls when I was in middle school is actually the catalyst for my obsession with gems, jewelry, and pearls, so Tahitians are definitely special to me.

My most recent pearl purchase is a blue baroque Vietnamese akoya necklace that is approximately 23 inches long. The pearls range from 3-6 mm in diameter and have the most wonderful blue color. The necklace is actually a combination of a strand and a bracelet. The strand was purchased on Loupetroop and was originally from PearlParadise. I bought the bracelet from PP in July during the summer clearance sale. I promise to take pictures of myself wearing the strand tomorrow!

For now, here is a terrible picture of the strand. It looks quite silver in the photo but is much more blue in person.
blueakoyastrand.jpg

Pearl Dreams

Pearl Enthusiast
Ooh, nice! I'd also love to see a neck shot of the the GSS you mentioned when we chatted today at the show. :)

I only wish there were more nice pearls at that show; I saw lots of low end FWP.

GemGeek

Pearlista
Your last user name was tahitiangirl. If you would like to reset your password, let us know. :)

Charlotta

I'm so sorry about Cleopatra Sheri, such a beautiful cat. I to have an older cat, around 12, that have been poorly for the last year. She gets hairballs stuck in her intestines, we give her medicin and eventually they pass. Then she is a happy healthy cat for a month, then another round of hairballs. We did take her to the wet, they can take them out with surgery, but since she gets them so regularly it's no use. They gave us medicin though, but it takes forever to work. I really dont want to loose her

battah

Oh Sheri so much love to you. I’m glad you have that beautiful pendant to give you a bit of comfort (and Starbucks never hurts either!)

PD, what great luck! Hopefully Stephanie will post a lot now, too.

Pearlsandstars, love your blue baroque Akoya!

jesskat

Oh no, la_corsetiere, I'm so, so sorry about Cleopatra :( It is always such a rough time when we lose a loved companion. Hugs and strength.

86Corvettegirl

Thanks, Jesskat. Thomas had the perfect pearl for what I wanted & it turned out very well. He also does special orders in gold but I wanted this one in silver.

Mtummybear

Should I redo in leather?

Should I redo in leather?

33ADCB45-9F04-435D-B3E6-DF5E85FE559D.jpeg
I had loose pearls, was going to do lariat. Person I use to string my pearls offered to do something different. Like it, but thinking now I want leather. What do you folks think? Any suggestions?

Marianne

Pearls strung on leather would need the hole drilled large enough to accommodate the size of leather you use. The necklace you made looks nice.

BWeaves

Fist Full of Pearls, starring Purrt Eastwood. Now playing in a theater near you!

If little h says that lapis is the pearl lining, then I'm laying on the lapis and pearls tomorrow.

Marianne

Wow, Purr... more rings than fingers!!! Love it :). Thanks for sharing the amazing beautiful little h creations!

baby nurse

Those are some amazing little h pieces, Purranha! Thank you for sharing the eye candy!

Katbran

Fist Full of Pearls, starring Purrt Eastwood. Now playing in a theater near you!

If little h says that lapis is the pearl lining, then I'm laying on the lapis and pearls tomorrow.

LOL How funny !! And that Lapis necklace..I had those same beads several years ago...gorgeous ! I made a necklace for my sister in law and then ordered more. They were crap... never found them again. Obviously they are still out there !

Purr - Love your fist full of Geodes ! How amazing they look !!

Pearlsandstars- I can understand your trouble catching the blue. It's really hard for some reason - I've got a pile of strands and it took about 20 photos to get a decent shot.. really frustrating. Like trying to catch orient.

BWeaves

Yesterday I wore Mom's lapis and Freshadama necklace to visit my Dad, so he could see how I restrung it. He liked the redo.

fullsizeoutput_839.jpg

I wore it with my Hanadama studs from PP.

fullsizeoutput_83a.jpg

And because I'm on a lapis kick, I wore the restrung necklace with Mom's Lapis and Rice Krispie necklace. They nest better now that I've restrung the other one. It's kind of fun to see the early little wrinkled freshies next to the Freshadamas. I wore it all with lots of sapphires (earrings and rings and bracelets).

fullsizeoutput_83d.jpg

I only just noticed that both necklaces use the same fluted gold beads between the pearls and the lapis beads.

Last edited: