• Become a Pearl Insider!

Register as a member today for exclusive access to, member only insider info, incredible contests to exotic locations, and have your questions answered by pearl experts from around the world.

Join the community today. Just click Register at the top!

Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Pareltje

PD, I can see why you wanted them badly. They are stunning and look fantastic on you. Great choice.

Lugana

What a wonderful strand and such a romantic story Pearl Dreams!! Congratulations)) I love how everyone chimed in on their pearl buying "strategies".. some are quite humorous :)

I have a few pieces that are non-pearl jewellery that took me a few years to get since I first wanted them and missed.. that's quite fulfilling when after months of search you do get the piece in the end :) :)

BWeaves

"If I still remember wanting it in the morning .... " oh, BWeaves how I love this tactic :) Sometimes around here it works more like "if Walter remembers in the morning that I bought this last night ..." ;)

BWA-HAHAHHAHA! Cathy, thanks for making me snort tea out my nose this morning.

Simply adorned

Very cool, in so many ways - that pearl thickness was amazing, it’s nib (I think that was JerseyPearl’s word) enchanting, Jeremy’s excitement contagious and the beauty of littl h’s earrings inspiring :) Thank you for directing me to that posting Pearl Dreams. Amazing cultured pearls have a will (wild side) of their own. I love the unique shapes so much and the beauty in that irregularity.

2thdktr

Pearl Dreams- that Necklace is like pieces of molten metal! How gorgeous! I am not even an hour away from Mystic in Northern RI and my twin boys are going to school at URI, just a hop skip and jump from Mystic. Mystic is truly beautiful. I may just have to make a trip down and see this gentleman for myself sometime in the future! Congrats!

2thdktr

"If I still remember wanting it in the morning .... " oh, BWeaves how I love this tactic :) Sometimes around here it works more like "if Walter remembers in the morning that I bought this last night ..." ;)

I burst out laughing!

Pearl Dreams

Pearl Enthusiast
Pearl Dreams- that Necklace is like pieces of molten metal! How gorgeous! I am not even an hour away from Mystic in Northern RI and my twin boys are going to school at URI, just a hop skip and jump from Mystic. Mystic is truly beautiful. I may just have to make a trip down and see this gentleman for myself sometime in the future! Congrats!

He has some FW ripples and another Tahitian strand, rounds. Also estate jewelry and various odds and ends. Not your typical jewelry store.
They have a website: https://www.goldsmithsandsilversmiths.com

Last edited:

Katbran

OMG CathyK you are so funny !! I love it !! :D:D

PD - Wow those are some big beautiful Keshi !! They really are glorious ... that's a strand that you would have been thinking about for years if you'd left it behind. They don't come along very often. I saw a strand of such deep gold giant Keshi GSS in HK .. I've never stopped thinking about them. Hideously expensive. But there are days I think...why didn't I just do it.. So well done...No regrets

Simply Adorned - Those are such cute Tokki - I have one Tahitian , as soon as I saw it I had to have it..a little bubble head !

Last edited:

Pearl Dreams

Pearl Enthusiast
Katbran, I know what you mean about regrets. Years ago I saw a stunning piece of scrimshaw that I didn't buy, and regretted for years. I think these would have haunted me, too.

Mystic has an art show/sale in the streets of the old section of town the second weekend in August, every year. Mostly paintings, but there is one street next to the river where jewelers and crafters set up their tents. This show is worth attending (go early to find parking!) We used to go every year, and bought a few paintings, but it's always the same weekend as the East Coast Gem, Mineral and Fossil show in Springfield, MA, and doing both is a bit much.

BWeaves

little h necklace and pendant. POJ metallic drops on my mother's diamond hoop earrings.

fullsizeoutput_62d.jpg

BWeaves

Thank you. It's always hard to photograph pearls and gemstones. The pearls look best in the shade, but the gemstones look best in the sun.