Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Enkeli- I really like your mana pendant!

BWeaves- you look so crisp all in white. Looks beautiful together.

Today is a drippy, wet day. I was all covered up running errands.
Kamoka posts-
Kamoka Studs

This IS Seattle, after all...

This was originally a strand from a PP sale a long time ago. I decided to restring it into bracelets so it would get more wear. (and it is!)

originally a strand from a Pearl Paradise restrung it into bracelets

JEG: Very pretty. What did you use as a clasp?

As much as I love the orbit clasp, I've discovered that I cannot work it with one hand for a bracelet.

Thanks BWeaves! I used orbit clasps. I have worn bracelets of all sorts forever, so I seem to be able to manage most any clasp. I thought about using the original ball clasp, but I wanted both bracelets to match so I went with what I had two of.

Y'all are brilliant!!! I'll have to remember those tips next time I'm cursing at a bracelet!

Jeg, those Ts look very colorful. I love seeing my T colors so I tend to wear ropes, but I think I need more bracelets!

BWeaves, like Jeg said, the white looks very crisp and clean! Very pretty too!

Just wearing my black n white pendants in this cloudy day. Pearls with leather jacket again. Its because 90% of my jackets are leather hahaha.

black n white pendants in this cloudy dayblack n white pendants in this cloudy day close up

I love all your latest posts, especially Asurazzy's flower pendant!

Thursday night I went to the opening of the new GIA museum exhibit Centuries of Opulence: Jewels of India. Not owning much in the way of Indian Jewelry, I went with pearls.

Light gold round SS pendant and drop earrings with a harvest strand. Not in focus, but I felt so happy when I got home that I thought I would share. Chester is in the background ignoring his selfie snapping mom.

Light gold round SS pendant and drop earrings with a harvest strand

I'm admiring all the pearls here but I don't want to be impolite, but Chester is the one I'm focusing on now. Sooo cute!

I like your layered look, GemGeek. I'm always iffy about layering, but those go together well.

Thanks for the ideas for bracelet clasping, JEG. I'll have to try those.

I love everyone's pearls.

I love all your latest posts, especially Asurazzy's flower pendant!

Thursday night I went to the opening of the new GIA museum exhibit Centuries of Opulence: Jewels of India. Not owning much in the way of Indian Jewelry, I went with pearls.

Light gold round SS pendant and drop earrings with a harvest strand. Not in focus, but I felt so happy when I got home that I thought I would share. Chester is in the background ignoring his selfie snapping mom.

View attachment 55979

Wow your eyebrows are so on point! Im having problems with my eyebrows because its always uneven. Btw do you use brow pencils or something more fancier? Talks about harvest strand, must it be from the same harvest or you can put all sort type if ine color pearls and call them 'harvest'?

I let my eyebrows grow back in and use Lancôme powder brow pencil in taupe to shape them by fudging the outside to be a bit farther out. Here is a dusk photo of the pearls. A harvest strand is supposed to be representative of all the kinds of pearls that would be in one harvest, but it's open to interpretation. I have always wanted one.

blaire's pearls

Talks about harvest strand, must it be from the same harvest or you can put all sort type if ine color pearls and call them 'harvest'?

The first harvest strands came from Josh Humbert of Kamoka Pearl. He is a pearl farmer, and his harvest strands were designed to be representative of a typical harvest.

I'm a purist when it comes to harvest strands, since I own a Tahitian one from Kamoka, and a South Sea one from an Indonesian pearl farmer, and both actually harvest pearls and designed these strands. You can put together your own and put in whatever you like, but if you aren't a pearl farmer, they would be a harvest strand style of necklace.

And thank you, Pareltje for admiring Chester! And thanks to Pearl Dreams on the layering. I'm inspired by all of our master pearl stylists! :)

Asurazzy- I especially like your flower.

GemGeek- you look so gorgeous all glammed for your event. Love everything- pearls, Chester, make up, hair... wow...

I agree - the pearls in a harvest strand should be from one source. Anything else is a 'pearls off the floor/leftovers' strand

Back