Show us your Mikimotos

Thanks Camelotshadow, BWeaves and Katbran! They are Q2 quality (Miki Japan system) which equates to A+/AA under the US system.

Everyone need something from Mikimoto! Amazing pearls!

Nice! I thought my earring were A+ but the certificate says A Pinkish Silver...They were $390 which was not too bad for 7.5 to 8mm in 18K 1/22/ 2005.
They are actually closer to 7.8mm
They were the only ones with silver overtone in that size & price range. A is decent & much better than a average earring.

7.5 mm is now $620...
8mm is $680

Price has almost doubled

My graduated to 5.1 to 8.8mm strand with silver clasp appraised A+ on 1/22/2005 Cream with Silver for $2650 over a $1000 more than I paid but I did pay alot for a almost 50 year old strand. Luckily it turned out to be a really nice strand. Gosh that was a huge sum of money for me.

Attachments

• Miki IMG_0238mikwhite (1).jpg
    Miki IMG_0238mikwhite (1).jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 64
  • Miki 5.5 to 8.8nIMG_0365.jpg
    Miki 5.5 to 8.8nIMG_0365.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Mikimoto 18" strand and earrings

Mikimoto 18" strand and earrings

I purchased these last year from an online consignment store. I love ❤️ these, but admittedly need to wear them more.

551C5B5B-024F-435E-9292-05B9104E1021.jpg560CD8D1-E801-4FEB-A71B-3BAACD2A6303.jpg20573DDF-3D26-440F-BDDA-ADC37196D094.jpg

MKG, what a remarkable strand! May I ask what grade are they? I've seen similar strand only once and it was a madama grade, but not Mikimoto.. is it their top range? I would definitely look for more occasion to splash them))

MKG, what a remarkable strand! May I ask what grade are they? I've seen similar strand only once and it was a madama grade, but not Mikimoto.. is it their top range? I would definitely look for more occasion to splash them))

Hi Lugano,
To be honest I am not sure what grade they are, I purchased them from a consignment/resale website.

I've done a bit of sleuthing, and am fairly sure they are AA, due to the diamond clasp and stamping of 750 on the white gold clasp. However, I very much could be incorrect :).

I don't think I'm inclined to send them to Mikimoto for appraisal. I think they are beautiful, and that pretty much is all that matters :) my husband suggested having them appraised, but my point was "what then"? Would it change anything? Honestly not unless I wanted to sell them which I don't plan on.

Thank you for your kind words :)

Nice! I thought my earring were A+ but the certificate says A Pinkish Silver...They were $390 which was not too bad for 7.5 to 8mm in 18K 1/22/ 2005.
They are actually closer to 7.8mm
They were the only ones with silver overtone in that size & price range. A is decent & much better than a average earring.

7.5 mm is now $620...
8mm is $680

Price has almost doubled

My graduated to 5.1 to 8.8mm strand with silver clasp appraised A+ on 1/22/2005 Cream with Silver for $2650 over a $1000 more than I paid but I did pay alot for a almost 50 year old strand. Luckily it turned out to be a really nice strand. Gosh that was a huge sum of money for me.

These are SOOO pretty!!

Hi all- I am relatively new here and I am getting nothing done at home because I am reading everyone's threads and I am addicted to all of the incredible pictures! I'm glad I found this thread, as I have a few Mikimotos that I would like to share. A few were inherited, and most were ones that I bought myself either new, or at estate sales. In any case, I am not that good at taking pictures and just have an Android phone. I also find it slightly challenging to upload the pictures as I am a technophobe.
That being said, my first pics are of Miki earrings and pendant set called "Ocean", I believe. They have newer versions out, but this is several years old. In addition to the pearls, there are ombre blue sapphires fading into white with a diamond accent on the earrings. The pendant has the ombre sapphires on one side with a row of diamonds on the other. I also tried to capture the maker's mark, even putting it under a magnifying glass, but hard to see in the photo ( also incredibly hard to see with my middle aged eyes AND glasses!thumbnail_20170909_203707.jpgthumbnail_20170909_204839.jpg

Ok, tried to get a better picture. Please forgive me, I am learning and you are my guinea pigs.! 18K white gold, the earrings have 8mm pearls and the pendant is a 7mm.thumbnail_20170909_211125.jpg

I know this is an older thread, but I'm hoping some are still subscribed.
These are 18k YG with double diamonds. Pearls are ~7.5mm. Very Sweet earrings.

thumbnail_20170909_213026.jpg

Last edited:
This Mikimoto bracelet was my first ever pearl purchase. I had turned 25 and I wanted to buy myself something special. I knew nothing about pearls, but walked into Bailey Banks and Biddle in downtown Boston ( no longer there) and I bought this beautiful double stranded pearl bracelet that I still wear today. It is over 30 years old and has been restrung a few times. I'm surprised I kept the little gold Mikimoto label and it has survived many moves. I didn't know enough to keep the box it came in. I wasn't interested in provenance at the time!
The pearls are, according to the label, 6x5.5 and A+. A big thank you to Cathykeshi who gave me some lessons on how to post and attach pictures!

thumbnail_20170909_215358.jpgthumbnail_20170909_215149.jpg

Thanks for sharing photos of your lovely pearls! I like the earrings in particular:

attachment.php

Beautiful pearls and great photos! I love all the pieces, most especially the Ocean set ... anything ombre sets my heart fluttering :) Happy to help in a tiny way with posting photos. I'm a much better photo flipper than I am a photo taker lol.

Back