Show us your menagerie

Masik, forgive me if you told this story, but I only saw it in our PMs. The Russian contingent went to Kojima after Ruckus, and Elena spoke Russian to Sarah, and Sarah spoke English back. Masik said they understood each other perfectly because they both spoke Pearl.

I love that story.

Masik, forgive me if you told this story, but I only saw it in our PMs. The Russian contingent went to Kojima after Ruckus, and Elena spoke Russian to Sarah, and Sarah spoke English back. Masik said they understood each other perfectly because they both spoke Pearl.

I love that story.

LOL
Thanks, BW!
Yeah, after Ruckus we went to Sarah on our way to Muir Woods, but thanks to Sarah changed our plans and went to Tamales Bay to eat some oysters (no pearls were found, sadly) :D.
I was a mere translator between Sarah and Elena but got distracted by a phone call. When I turned back the gals were happily chatting and laughing and handling pearls. As BW mentioned, Elena was speaking Russian and Sarah answered in English but I can SWEAR they understood each other perfectly. Pearl language is our Esperanto :)
We picked up two perfect Kasumi that day...
Kasumi March 2018 Harvest.jpg

I've a little tease to share...(Stay tuned):

image2.jpg

That’s really pretty Pattye. I know what you mean about it not being an everyday bracelet. I have a Thomas Sabo one with lots of charms, it gets in my way, gets stuck on things etc. Only wears it on special occasions.

The little nest and eggy pearls within the flock is genius !

My flock of birds. The two largest pearls are SS, others freshwater on "recycled" sterling silver bracelet. Fun to wear, but not for everyday. Made this ages ago. Need to redo using heavier head pins and making larger loops.

View attachment 62192

Gorgeous & unique bracelet, Pattye!! I have long wanted a pearl charm bracelet ever since I saw one on a lady while in the Caribbean. Hers was loaded with all multi Tahitians & it was breathtaking! I love all the shapes of yours!!

My flock of birds. The two largest pearls are SS, others freshwater on "recycled" sterling silver bracelet. Fun to wear, but not for everyday. Made this ages ago. Need to redo using heavier head pins and making larger loops.

View attachment 62192

I could actually see the birds! Very creative!

Charlotta, Thank you! Your Sabo charm bracelet must be quite something! So many charms to choose from and personalize.

BPDDC, 86'vettegirl, BWeaves, Sheri, Perlas, Jenny ~ thank you all ~ it was fun collecting these inexpensive little pearls and seeing the bracelet come together.

I can imagine all Tahitian pearl charms, fabulous, "vettegirl! Maybe we toss our "left over" pearls in a box and later make a bracelet?

Just wanted to share my blue ringed octo-baby with everyone. Sheri is amazing & so talented. So...everyone...meet Luna! If thes pics show sideways or upside down, I apologize. Can't seem to balance the phone horizontally with one hand.

Attachments

• 20180910_131626.jpg
    20180910_131626.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 20180910_131644.jpg
    20180910_131644.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 27
Luna is adorable. What size is she? I cannot tell scale. On my monitor, she looks huge, of course. What kind of pearl. It's amazing.

Luna is adorable. What size is she? I cannot tell scale. On my monitor, she looks huge, of course. What kind of pearl. It's amazing.

Thanks, BW. Luna is the smaller octo-baby size. I definitely want a Big Papa now but have to find the right ginormous pearl first. I bought a lot of 10 drop shaped, metallic luster Edison pearls from Wen, hoping to get a golden color one. Didn't get any golden ones & I would have never though to use the purple on until Sheri showed me how it looked with it's bluish teal flash. I think the pearl gives her so much personality. Sheri did such a wonderful job! I have a 24 inch box chain I can slip over my head so I'm wearing her now.

Back