Show us your menagerie

While waiting on the lot of pearls I ordered to send to Sheri to pick one to use for my special octobaby, I decided to add another Octopus pendant/enhancer so my other one wouldn't get lonely. This one has a bluish Tahitian & blue diamond eyes. I'm wearing it today with my Kojima Waterfalls.

Attachments

• 20180809_141017.jpg
    20180809_141017.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 20180809_141221.jpg
    20180809_141221.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 36
It turned out great, she did an amazing job with the colors. I'm glad you got to see it here :) The color idea came to me ages ago and I finally found the right little pearl.

Hi BPDDC!!! Agreed with GemGeek, neckshots please!
And I missed this thread earlier but just saw Ursula when the thread got bumped.
I've heard Sheri talk about Ursula just at this past Ruckus, so glad to see it here it is awesome!

Hi JP-
They are in fact two bracelets, it just so happens I am skinny enough that they fit my neck albeit very high. I'll post a pic of them worn on the neck along with shot of the black spinel and Tahitian Keshi necklace from the black spinel thread.

Fabulous redesign! Are they bracelets or a necklace...I am a tad confused.

For those that were curious-
The two snake bracelets as a necklace
and a Tahitian Keshi and Black Spinel necklace

Double Pearl NeckShot2.jpg

I'll show a few from Elena's Studio Perlina

Some of you who attended Ruckus saw these cute Flies earrings and the Spider ring, worn by our Russian guest Elena.

spider_zpsurnopv7e.jpg

flies_zpsqoqz6llz.jpg

Here is another creation of her Studio - Sparrows, made for our mutual friend

birds_zps8he7vhhk.jpg

Elena does incredible work! That spider ring really has to be seen in person; the underbelly is remarkably detailed.

And I'm afraid I totally missed the flies! Is that plique a jour enamel? Or champlevé? I've done some of both, but using fine silver rather than gold. Beautiful workmanship!

And I'm afraid I totally missed the flies! Is that plique a jour enamel? Or champlevé? I've done some of both, but using fine silver rather than gold. Beautiful workmanship!

Thanks, Sheri! I will convey your compliments to Elena.
The flies are the most adorable! The technique is plique-a-jour by Faberge.

Masik those earrings and the ring are amazing. The birds are too cute. The details are just amazing. Beautiful craftmanship.

I loved Elena's pieces. I didn't know she was a designer when I first met her and was drooling over her jewelry... the bba ropes, the huge bssp rings, her earrings... all of them were amazing! Did you all see her teenie tiny akoya keshi strand? We were in awe of the drilling and stringing that someone had done.

I loved Elena's pieces. I didn't know she was a designer when I first met her and was drooling over her jewelry... the bba ropes, the huge bssp rings, her earrings... all of them were amazing! Did you all see her teenie tiny akoya keshi strand? We were in awe of the drilling and stringing that someone had done.

Thank you, Helen, for the praise! I will convey it to Elena if she won't see it for herself :)
I must clarify: Elena is not a designer/artist. She is co-owner/partner in a Jewelry studio, which employs a group of very talented jewelers (at least 4 I know of), each of whom specializes in his own technique. Pearls are their specialty, but they also work with all kinds of precious gems.
Yes, her Akoya keshi strand was created by the lady who does all their drilling and stringing. Elena told me that the gal worked 4-5 hours a day for 4 months to create that torsade. Such patience! I would DIE in the middle of the first strand! And there are 47 of them!

69D4CA73-799C-415A-ACC5-BAAD16019AD4_zpsr1mazees.jpg

I TOTALLY drooled over Elena's akoya keshi torsade. At the end of our visit to the PP office, she was kind enough to take it off and let a few of us play with it. What's amazing is that the torsade had a range of different sized keshi strands, adding texture and interest to the strand. It really is quite the master piece. And all the drilling were centered and aligned (mis-aligned and mis-centered drillings drive me a bit insane so I notice), super impressive!

Back