Share your Pearl Paradise Private Launch Purchases!

I like the 9 mm size. I have a strand, tin cup, and dangle earrings made of pinked Hanadama. They look white on the skin, but I've always wondered if I would have preferred natural white Hanadama...

BWeaves I also love the 9mm size on you. But the white hanadamas are more glowing.

Thanks! You all confirmed my gut reaction. The 8 mm natural whites really glow in person, but the 9 mm size looks better on my ear. Plus, I've gotten to where I don't like matchy matchy anymore. The larger earrings look better balanced with my 8 mm rope.

The pinked 9mm studs are very good pearls. They're Hanadamas, after all, with .5 mm nacre thickness. But I'm in love with natural whites, blues and greens in akoya pearls.

Yeah, I tend to wear Tahitian earrings with akoya necklaces and visa versa. Less formal. Works well with jeans and a T-shirt!

My "steal" strand from Feb. 22 arrived yesterday. Mostly smaller pearls, as I was expecting, with glorious overtones, as I was also expecting. A few pictures for you.

First, the strand, unstrung, as I had requested.

Pearl Paradise tahitians unstrung

Next, hanging out with some watermelon tourmaline. These is a potential project.

Pearl Paradise Tahitians with toumaline

Finally, I took some inspiration from JerseyPearl and laid them next to a strand of Welo opals. I got this strand from my jeweler who acquired them in Tucson last month.

Pearl Paradise Tahitian colors

I'm thinking of adding a pearl to the center of the opal strand. Maybe I go matchy with a pearl that has orangey overtones (lower right), or perhaps use an amazing green pearl for contrast (upper right).

Colorful Tahitian pearls

Gorgeous Red! Why don't you see how both pearls look? Might be fun to have 2 pearls. In any case whichever you pick, it will be stunning. Those pearls are just luminous.

I love those pearls with the watermelon tourmaline - really picks up the colors. I think the green pearl would really look amazing with the opals. Beautiful strand!

Nice, Red! Lots of pink & green overtones for the Watermelon tourmalines! Really sharp luster, too. Can't wait to see what you create & I like the idea of combining a Tahitian with the opals!!

Red, those are gorgeous pearls. They remind me of my TNT strand, so of course, I like them with the tourmalines.

The opals are neat, but I think the orangey pearl looks better with them.

What colors and luster! Yay you. I like the "Autumnal" orangey green pearl with the opals. But the contrasting green would also be beautiful. How can you go wrong? You can't!

My friend (the one who bought the other GSS strand) was asking me, don't I have "enough pearls" already?!

HA!

You all understand...

Red, absolutely love your new Tahitians with the tourmaline! And of course the green (or orange-green) with the opals is fabulous! You know what's almost as difficult to photograph as pearls? Opals!

Here is a little something I picked up in Tucson, speaking of watermelon tourmaline

Watermelon Tourmaline from Tucson

Red your Tahitians are gorgeous! Cannot wait to see what you create with them and the gemstone strands.

Oh, Red, they are gorgeous! My heart skipped a beat at that photo of the pearls and tourmalines together.

Thank you 2thdktr, la_corsetiere, 86Corvette, BWeaves, BAS, JerseyPearl, Gemandpearlover, and SydK. And, thank you, JerseyPearl, for showing off your watermelon tourmaline slices. I was wondering what they looked like. Nice deep green rinds on those.

This strand is so luxuriously glowy! The lustre keeps drawing me in. Can hardly wait to see what you do with them. :)

My friend (the one who bought the other GSS strand) was asking me, don't I have "enough pearls" already?!

HA!

You all understand...

...and the correct answer is N+1, where N=the current number of strands you have. Heehee! This is my hubby's answer for bike gear.

ETA: And it's also my formula for pearls. :rolleyes:

"N + 1" ... oh I am going to get such use out of that answer ... please don't anyone tell Walter what it means LOL ...

Red those new pearls and tourmalines are fantastic; what an exciting project that's going to be!!!

Kojima goodies are here, but I'm feeling under the weather still, so no neck or ear shots yet, and my photos suck. I can't capture the amazing colors. My photos are making everything look brown, but the pearls are hot pink and orange and purple. But they're here!

Freshwater keshi tin-cup and earrings. The pearls are very large. That's the a large orbit clasp. The pearl dangles and the pearl next to the clasp are 16 mm long.

Kojima freshwater keshi tin cup

I flipped the left earring over. The color is different on the other side.

Kojima necklace and earrings

With the ombre' keshi rope. I actually think the tin-cup is going to work well with the Pacific Pearl ripples, but I didn't think to take a photo of that combination.

fullsizeoutput_b73.jpg

The 50" Tahitian keshi tin-cup. The length is halfway between Everything Bagel and the Mixed Tin-cup. I think it's going to play well with my other Tahitian pearls. It's my only Tahitian rope (so far, goals, cough).

fullsizeoutput_b6f.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful new pearls Bweaves, the freshwaters do looks very colorful. I'm sure they look good with the ripples. The earrings are beautiful as well. The tahitian tincup looks gorgeous. So many beautiful pearls in it.

Back