Share your Pearl Paradise Private Launch Purchases!

What a gorgeous large pearl. And the that rope is a great ombre'.

Annie, I love those golden ombré ropes! Enjoy yours!

I am anxious to see what you (and Sheri) do with that, 86C!

I'm so boring. I just ordered a pair of natural white Hanadama studs in size 8 mm from PP. My current 9mm Hanadama studs are very pinked and only really match my baroque akoyas which are also pinked. All my other white akoyas are natural white or very white.

So, do I really need 2 pairs of Hanadama studs? (Says the person who just bought a second pair of B&W Tahitian studs.)

So, do I really need 2 pairs of Hanadama studs? (Says the person who just bought a second pair of B&W Tahitian studs.)

Yes. :)

Thank you everyone for the compliments on the ombre!

I also ordered two strands of the gray Akoya's. I'm disappointed because I asked for them to be strung together and I got two necklaces.

Anyhow, they have good luster and have pretty smooth surfaces. Here they are:

Gray baroque akoya

Blue-Gray natural color baroque akoya

Pictured with a blue strand and a multi strand bought from PP a few years ago:

Akoya pearl grouping

Annie, the grey akoyas are very pretty. You could link the clasps together, which would give you some versatility. Or contact them and ask for them to be restrung.

Actually, they look like they are strung to different lengths. Do they nest? If yes, then you could have a great double, and also link them together for a rope.

Last edited:
I am anxious to see what you (and Sheri) do with that, 86C!

Sheri is on a trip but will be back soon & will start on our special project. I've sent her some pearls & have more to send her, along with this SS beauty. I didn't get to the post office today because the weather is so bad but will get the package in the mail tomorrow so they will be there when she gets back.

BW, keep both pairs of Hanadama earrings, especially since one pair goes so well with pinks.

Annie, those greys are beautiful! Did you want them strung as a rope or as a double strand?

I have been working on a watermelon tourmaline project, and decided I needed some small pink and green baroque Tahitians for it. So I "stole" them from tonight's VIP drop. I felt that the Tahitians in my photo with the tourmaline were too big. I think these new pearls will do nicely.

A planning photo.

20190210_132235.jpg

My "Steal" from tonight.

Pearl Paradise peacock Tahitian baroque

I see lots of greens and pinks.

Colorful Tahitian strand

Very nice T strand, Red. Lots of pink, green, &aubergine tones. I think those will look beautiful in a watermelon tourmaline project!

The launch page link are finally working, yay!

Red, that new strand looks beautiful! Can't wait to see the end result of your project!

Last edited:
AHA! Red, so you're the one who stole those T's out from under me. Well, not really. They were the ones I liked best of the three. I wasn't in the market for them. Your TNT piece looks like it's going to be beautiful. I agree that tourmaline and Tahitians go well together.

Kojima is still working my pieces. I should have them by next week. Sarah sent me the mock up of the earrings last night. And my Hanadama earrings should arrive on Monday.

Last edited:
WOW that is going to be a very special project Red ... gorgeous component choices. I look forward to seeing that completed!

Thank you, 86Corvette, Abi, Charlotta, Jersey Pearl, BWeaves, Bcm21mk, and CathyKeshi.

I liked the tourmaline beads and slices I got, but decided that I need more length. I have some more beads and a couple of strands of pink tourmaline chips slowly making their way to me through the snow from postal station to postal station.

I love watermelon tourmaline, but I've held off on getting much because I've been picky about the colors and the shape of the slices. These seemed to be pretty nice starting components, so I'm giving it a whirl myself. We'll see how quickly this goes.

Back