Share your Pearl Paradise Private Launch Purchases!

Beautiful ‘steal’ Tahitians, Red - wonderful reds and pinks. Can’t comment on the tourmalines - can only see pearls :)

Red, you have impeccable taste in gems and pearls, as you have proved over and over! This tourmaline project is so exciting! Like so many others here, I adore tourmaline!

Annie, The ombre strand is delightful, such deep golds and the drop/baroque shapes I find so interesting. I keep coming back to look at it!! You have some lovely ropes to play with. Are you having PP restring your akoyas?

86CG, your new golden is fab, excited to see what it will become ~

My pearls still haven't arrived. The Post Office is sending them via mule train. I'm so far away from my pearl sources.

My PP studs still aren't here. They're still wandering around Central Florida. My Kojima goodies are on their way, though!

Glamour shots.

Sarah had a 21" necklace like this on the Kojima site, but it had a hook closure, so I e-mailed asking what the price would be if she swapped out the hook for an orbit clasp. In the meantime, the necklace sold. So she made me another one, but the wire wrapper misread the instructions and made mine 26" long, and I said to leave it 26" long. Also, mine has an even number of pearls, so I can hang an enhancer off the center. I think the original 21" necklace had a center pearl.

Then I asked her to make matching earrings, but to use the horse shoe lever back earring finding. Fishhooks and I don't get along. I always lose the earring or necklace when a hook is involved.

I can't wait to see them in person.

Screen Shot 2019-02-27 at 6.54.10 PM.jpg

I've really enjoyed my Tahitian keshi tin-cups from Kojima, and wanted a long Tahitian keshi tin-cup. This 54 " rope has been calling me for a while. It almost sold right before I got it. I really dither way too long.

Screen Shot 2019-02-27 at 6.58.14 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-02-27 at 6.58.37 PM.jpg

These will be great summer pearls. Not so hot on the neck when it's 95F and humid.

Last edited:
Love your new Kojima goodies, BW, especially the long super long Tahitian/keshi tin cup!! Can't wait to see it worn!!!

I'm away and not caught up on all threads. What is the status of the VIP launch? Is it over? I only see the page listed as 2/22. Thanks.

Oooh, I love Sarah/Kojima's designs! I can hardly wait to see some real-life shots. The Tahitian tin cup is especially gorgeous—loving the length. Yummah!

I'm away and not caught up on all threads. What is the status of the VIP launch? Is it over? I only see the page listed as 2/22. Thanks.

No new updates. I'm sure it's because Jeremy & Hisano have been in Hong Kong for the Pearl Show as so many others have been, Don't worry...you haven't missed anything new.

PP 8 mm natural white Hanadama studs arrived. How do they compare to my 9 mm pinked Hanadama studs? I don't need both.

8mm natural white with Tahitians.

fullsizeoutput_b56.jpg

9mm pinked with 8mm natural white rope.

fullsizeoutput_b54.jpg

8mm natural whites on the left. 9 mm pinked on the right with 9mm baroque akoyas.

fullsizeoutput_b59.jpg

EW, a dirty knot. Might be time to restring.

I like the look of the natural whites, but I like the size of the 9mm. I have ordered one more pair. 9mm natural whites. I've always regretted getting the pinked studs. I thought I would like the 8mm but apparently PSS has set in.

Last edited:
I agree with your assessment. I like the sharpness of the natural whites but the 9mm size.

Love the 9mm on you, BW. It’s a fave of mine to wear white pearl studs with non-white strands.

Back