PP Freshadama ring!

theseventhsphinx

I picked up a long, long awaited PP Freshadama ring in the spring sale, and so pleased I opted to go for the 10mm size (which is pretty big, I would say! Even on my hand, which is not small).

IMG_3792.jpg

IMG_3783.jpg

I requested an ivory tone. It's subtle, I think, but there.

IMG_3799.jpg

[paired here with a simple micro-pave eternity band]

It's surprisingly difficult to find a really elegant pearl solitaire ring, so many jewelers, it seems, cannot resist adding a bit of embellishment somewhere. While there is absolutely a place for that, I wanted something ultra simple like this design (though I can't decide if it's quite the right size - ring sizing when there is a set stone so tricky, I think...snug enough that it doesn't flop around, loose enough to accommodate natural fluctuations in the size of the finger and be comfortable). This, I suppose, is why so many of you mention designing your own!

More thoughts in the post :)

http://www.theseventhsphinx.com/fashion/accessories-fashion/the-pearl-solitaire/

l really love how simple and beautiful it is! the yellow gold and ivory overtones look very pretty against your skin, wear it in good health!

Beautiful ring! Very elegant on your hand. But I've been wondering about the size. I have a feeling this style would easily turn around on the finger unless it was very tight.

- Karin

Your ring looks gorgeous on your hand. Does the pearl turn? I have a souffle ring and the souffle does turn, but I don't mind. I do fear it getting scratched, but I think that's inevitable with a pearl ring -- especially with a large pearl like a souffle... so I enjoy it knowing it has a limited lifespan.

Oh, so pretty! I too will love to hear if the pearl turns on your hand; sizing is such a difficult issue. The micro-pave diamond band is an elegant and subtle accent; nicely done :)

Thanks all!

It does turn some now, especially when my hands are cool and dry, so I think I will size down a little. It's funny how small inconveniences like this can totally put a piece of jewelry or clothing out of rotation. Any solitaire is going to turn if it's not especially snug (I think to be small enough not to turn, it wouldn't fit over my knuckle), though, so I'm being realistic about that. It's just the look I was hoping for, so I can deal.

I was thinking about the life of the pearl, too, BAS, and I'm sure it's not going to survive forever in the rough and tumble life of a ring (at least, a ring much worn). I love the idea of a golden south sea pearl in this context, for example, but it's just too hard a life to spend so much. A really lovely freshwater pearl, though, like this one, is something I could replace as desired.

Oh, here it is from a bit farther away, to see the proportions better:
IMG_3768.jpg

Last edited:
Great choice! And I love it with the micro-pave' band. It does look ivory-toned, but pearls tend to look whiter against skin, so it can be hard to discern. Love the blog and the great photos, too. :)

Very elegant ring, and it pairs beautifully with the eternity band. I wanted to offer a solution for the spinning, which you may have already considered. I believe they are called "sizing bumps", and it's what I have on my engagement ring (which has a thinner band than yours, so it would really spin around). I have a size 5 finger, but size 5 1/2 knuckles (which is the size of my ring), so the bumps really help. Sorry for the blurry photo!
photo (6).JPG

Hey, wasn't there some paint kind of thing you could put on the band? Anyone recall the name? I'm thinking that might help prevent the ring from turning. I have a large vermeil ring where I put tack on the inside to keep it in place, probably wouldn't work with this kind of pearl ring :)

- Karin

Very elegant ring, and it pairs beautifully with the eternity band. I wanted to offer a solution for the spinning, which you may have already considered. I believe they are called "sizing bumps", and it's what I have on my engagement ring (which has a thinner band than yours, so it would really spin around). I have a size 5 finger, but size 5 1/2 knuckles (which is the size of my ring), so the bumps really help. Sorry for the blurry photo!
View attachment 29616

I had never heard of these wild onion, thank you! I will look into it! Also putting some texture on the band...Karin, Katbran, another interesting idea! I'll have to ask a jeweler what they suggest. I should have guessed there would be technology in place for this kind of thing ;)

I think there was a silicon product that you could paint on ... there are also little silicon tubes that you can buy that 'clip' over the bottom of the ring...tho you could probably buy a bit of tubing at a hardware store or model shop and it would be cheaper lol.

Love the simplicity of the ring..really really lovely !

I have some of those - both purchased and home made. They make the ring diameter smaller. I need to search the forum for the silicon (think that's right) product...

I have a personal interest in you finding a way to keep your ring in place :) I still haven't set the gorgeous Kasumi pearl I have and with a tight budget the design of your ring is the obvious (only) choice.

- Karin

I have a personal interest in you finding a way to keep your ring in place :) I still haven't set the gorgeous Kasumi pearl I have and with a tight budget the design of your ring is the obvious (only) choice.

- Karin

Aha! The truth comes out...

I think I may try first to size it down ever so slightly, then experiment with this silicone.

(Can't wait to see your end result!)

Back