PP does it again -- gorgeous custom piece:

BAS

About half a year ago I came across a triple strand of akoyas at Mikimoto which struck me because each strand had a graduated size. The innermost strand had the smallest pearls, the outermost strand had the largest pearls. The graduation was subtle and I found the necklace to be classic and beautifully elegant.

Stats:

GRADE: The necklace is graded as the lowest of the top 5% they sell, the 8th grade, which they call "A" grade.

LENGTH: 16", 17" and 18" nested, touching (I like them touching).

SIZE: The shortest strand is 7.5 mm in the middle, 7 mm at the clasp. The middle strand is 8 mm in the middle, 7.5 mm at the clasp. The longest strand is 8.5 mm in the middle, 8 mm at the clasp.

Here it is on a bust in the store:

Mikimoto Triple Strand on stand.jpg

Here it is on me:

Mikimoto Triple Strand Neckshot.jpg

I contacted Jeremy and asked if he could make a triple like this, and asked which pearls he recommended using. He said he thought it would be stunning if he could make it with three graduated strands of metallic white freshwater pearls. Well, he couldn't find the right pearls during the summer show, so the project went on the back burner. We emailed before the September Hong Kong show and he said he'd look for the right pearls.

Wow! Did he ever find them! Almost perfectly round, matching in color, metallic, and graduated. Here is a bust shot of my new beauty:

metallic white triple strand shot.jpg

And here is a neck shot:

PP triple metallic neck shot.jpg

And here are neck and ear shots -- I am wearing the necklace with the white metallic drops Hisano picked out for me in the summer:

PP triple metallic neck and ear shot.jpg

PP triple metallic neck and ear shot 2.jpg

I adore this necklace and will wear it often.

Thank you, Jeremy and Hisano!

Well, you can stop now. (Ha Ha) That is the end-all of necklaces! Gorgeous.

Whoa! And I was happy with one strand! That is a knockout. I LOVE the graduation. I love graduated pearls and nowadays I think it is harder to do that, than in the old days when it was the only way to go.

Have. Mercy. Too Gorgeous. Earrings divine. Awwwk.

Wonderful! The necklace and the earrings :)

How beautiful! Thanks for sharing it!

Oh, and in reference to your saying elsewhere that no one commented, I can only conclude that they were blinded and struck speechless.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. It really is perfection.

GemGeek -- I agree, in a way, that I might as well just stop now. I'm reminded of Tony Horton who says in his Core Synergistics video that if one does "prison cell push-ups" (which are a killer) there is no need to do any other exercise. But then he goes on to the next move just as we go on to our next pearl venture.

Anne21 -- Thanks! I am amazed that a) people don't comment on the incredible variety of pearls I wear rotating daily and b) that I don't see others wearing pearls! I rarely see someone wearing pearls. Very very weird.

That is one stunning necklace, wow!!!

Thanks for sharing!

DK :D

That's just stunning! Thank you for sharing photos with us.

Back