Pinctada Maculata (Pipi) Pearls

Really interesting. Those pastel pinks don't exist in The Cooks. Assuming poe pipi, it is clear that there is sub-speciation within P. Maculata. Penryhn's extreme remoteness appears to have isolated the most intensely gold-lipped population.

Perles naturelles de Polyn?sie 2

Perles naturelles de Polyn?sie 2

1-IMG_0011-006.jpg1-IMG_0011-008.jpg1-IMG_0011-003.jpg1-IMG_0011-002.jpg

:)

Loloperle,

Just to be clear, are you claiming that all of the pearls in your photos are P. Maculata? My prior post regarding sub-species for shell color was pure conjecture?as yet there is no corroboration for poe pipi outside of the cream-gold spectrum.

It appears to me with all the colors that P. Margaritifera is sneaking in here, and it wouldn't hurt to add lab certification for natural vs. keshi.

Will greatly appreciate your comment.

Loloperle,

Just to be clear, are you claiming that all of the pearls in your photos are P. Maculata? My prior post regarding sub-species for shell color was pure conjecture?as yet there is no corroboration for poe pipi outside of the cream-gold spectrum.

It appears to me with all the colors that P. Margaritifera is sneaking in here, and it wouldn't hurt to add lab certification for natural vs. keshi.

Will greatly appreciate your comment.

bonjour :)

yes they are 100% natural Pipi, here in polynesia sometimes it is gold, white or slightly pink, cream or pink, cream or ...
after my little harvest it will leave in Switzerland or in thailand for a final check, but I'll start selling in July will be another book to search for poetic because research costs are pretty heavy for me but I am passionate natural pearl :)

bonjour :)

yes they are 100% natural Pipi, here in polynesia sometimes it is gold, white or slightly pink, cream or pink, cream or ...
after my little harvest it will leave in Switzerland or in thailand for a final check, but I'll start selling in July will be another book to search for poetic because research costs are pretty heavy for me but I am passionate natural pearl :)

poetic=Po? Pipi (Pinctada maculata) sorry :)

Thanks, Pattye and Anna, this thread could use a bump!

Oh, just exquisite, Lolo! What's going on lately?

Back