Pearl Collecting

Sneak Peak: Ursula (Yes that one)

Sneak Peak: Ursula (Yes that one)

Here is a sneak peak:

Octo Ursula.jpeg

***Disclosure I used a flashlight with a paper towel filter.

A tip I got from a photographer friend, for in a pinch photos without a lightbox. The colors are very close to what I see with my eyes. Only the black akoya are so deep you don't see the purple overtones as well here.

What a good idea, a paper towel to substitute light box! The result is perfect, colours not crushed, so a pleasure for you, I think, to succeed this so well done sharing of your gorgeous pearls...:)

I was a bit suspicious but the technique turned out to be suitable for the purpose at the time. That pendant and the earrings were sort of a test. So I might use it more often going forward. ..maybe:rolleyes:

What a good idea, a paper towel to substitute light box! The result is perfect, colours not crushed, so a pleasure for you, I think, to succeed this so well done sharing of your gorgeous pearls...:)

Finally found the right image:

Ursula 1-2.jpg

When I saw this pearl for the first time...I immediately thought Ursula, which naturally led me to the Octos (can't get enough of them). I will post better pics later on if there is some interest.

Speaking of Octos there is one on DM's Sea of Cortez pearl shop with a purplish SOC pearl...I want it lol.

So this necklace is one of two from a PP sale earlier this year, they are the 6.5 -7mm Metallic Silver Peach pearls. I was minding my own business when I came across these Stud earrings (not PP), on a whim I purchased them for their metallic luster and the color I thought might be great for an interesting Octo. Then I started to I wonder if they'd match the necklace (the one mentioned above) I got for my mom.
To my eyes they are a really good match, and I thinking I probably should not disassemble the earrings...and give them as a Christmas Present. What do you think, how did I do in the unintended matching?

PP COMPARE One.jpg

PP COMPARE Two.jpg

PP COMPARE Three.jpg

That's a really great match of the earrings and the necklace.

Back