Pearl Collecting

Did you say New Pearls? Not going to believe you until I see them! :D

I bet you do something very creative with Sadie's pearl.

I was out voted on Sadie's dog tag (and pearl). It sits next to her digital pic frame and the Crystal Budda (we made a little memorial for her), we placed the pearl next to a piece of Jade and gold cross and her cremation box.

Did you say New Pearls? Not going to believe you until I see them! :D

I bet you do something very creative with Sadie's pearl.

So these were some fun bracelets. I created a series that included a pearls and tourmalines. 1 pearl rest tourmalines (not shown), 2 pearls rest tourmaline, 3 pearls and rest tourmaline, 4 pearls rest tourmalines then the circled pearl ( no snake head sadly):

The colors on the circled pearls are really bright but don't show up. Each time we went under a bridge it would shot so intensely:

Pearl Stack.jpg

Very cool, BPD. Tourmaline with pearls is one of my favorite combinations :)

I was out voted on Sadie's dog tag (and pearl). It sits next to her digital pic frame and the Crystal Budda (we made a little memorial for her), we placed the pearl next to a piece of Jade and gold cross and her cremation box.

Hey, that is doing something creative and beautiful with Sadie's tag and pearl. I can understand wanting to keep it somewhere safe where it cannot get lost.

You're right the colors aren't showing up on the circled Ts. You're going to have to reshoot... lol... I do love the amazing colors and luster of circled Ts though. I bet the tourmalines bring out the aubergines and pinks!

Im a little late show you some pics and it has taken some time but I am getting back to my pearls. Here is one of the newer additions to my loose gem collection, it is a near perfect oval shape cfwp with a sharp slight metallic luster. I forget the size right now:

Metallic Eggy Pearl copy.jpg

I wanted to keep it as a loose gem, but one of my friends stated she liked the mermaid tassel idea I discussed with her (She loves mermaids) so I don't know...it may end up as jewelry creation : (

Another simple piece. This necklace is interesting because it used to be home to a huge black Ram's skull (Bweaves rightly pointed out the Goth influence in my jewelry). On his last recent visit my younger brother kinda of borrowed the skull right off my neck and never made its way back to me, so I guess its got a new home. So now the pearls sit kinda alone in all their multicolor sadness lol:

CFWP.jpg

PS: He also took my last black onyx and circled Tahitian bracelet. Funny how they were never into jewelry until they started seeing me wear some of mine.

I'm drawn to it. Normally white pearls won't catch my attention, but this metallic oval it is a Dragon egg!

Well, that's just as perfect as perfect gets. Lovely.

Oh yes, I love the dragon egg! Curious to see what the ram skull necklace looked like. That's a great compliment that you've influenced others to wear jewelry! Good job!

Just for you Amti:

AMTI.jpg

Amti2.jpg

You're right the colors aren't showing up on the circled Ts. You're going to have to reshoot... lol... I do love the amazing colors and luster of circled Ts though. I bet the tourmalines bring out the aubergines and pinks!

These pearls are probably my favorite to design with. I had so many that were just sitting around, I'd use one or two in some of my "Guy" pieces, but when I saw some of the "bluer" pearls I started mixing them with Apatites, Topaz and other bluish type gems. I was at a party and literally sold a Circled blue tahitian, tanzanite and black spinel bead bracelet right off my wrist. I am my own billboard I guess LOL. The luster in this bracelet does not match the Tanzanite bead and Tahitian bracelet...some days I do miss it, but there will always be more pearls!

BPDDC, those circles are spectacular...I have a particular affinity toward heavy, perfect circles on Tahitians.

You've seen it before, but I've been eyeing more often these days as I'm sketching. This is one of my pearls whih reminds me of the colors in really fine Ametrine. I'm thinking I will release it from the collection and design something around it...

FWP.jpg

Wow the ametrine seems to have an oily irridescence. Really is almost pearl like. I guess maybe because its a cabachon.

I do like the deep symmetrical matched rings on those tahitians. It lends a sculptural almost artlike quality that is very appealing.

Back