Pearl Collecting

Those are the most wonderful circled Tahitians, Black Pearl Dude DC ... and oh, how I love that Dragon's Egg!

Stunning circled Tahitian pearls! I'm really curious what you'll make with the dinosaur egg.

I might've unintentionally misled you. The picture is of a Cfwp, it just has the colors (Purples and Goldens) like a very nice quality Ametrine. I was debating keeping it in my loose collection or designing something with it using Amethyst and Citrines beads (in my experience natural Ametrine beads are harder to find, and when you do they are not very inspiring).

Wow the ametrine seems to have an oily irridescence. Really is almost pearl like. I guess maybe because its a cabachon.

I do like the deep symmetrical matched rings on those tahitians. It lends a sculptural almost artlike quality that is very appealing.

Stunning circled Tahitian pearls! I'm really curious what you'll make with the dinosaur egg.
Thx, I've grown fond of them. I've had so many circled pearls, but these were just really colorful keepers. Oh the dragon egg? I think I am still unsure...I want to keep it as is in my collection, I love the size and the shape is nearly perfect. Which also gives me tons of design ideas too.

Those are the most wonderful circled Tahitians, Black Pearl Dude DC ... and oh, how I love that Dragon's Egg!
I am torn between doing something really nice, and keeping it in my collection. I just really dig the shape and size.

Love the circled Tahitians...they always provide such lovely colour ! And that single pearl... gorgeous!! Amethyst or something a deep pink or if theres some green there maybe a moss amethyst ?
Well it is less green and more golden. I've got some stunning micro faceted Amethyst and Citrine beads, but I am also going to see if I can find a few more pearls with similar colors and then run with some ideas. I dunno. I've laid it out and I had other ideas for the micro faceted. I've got micro faceted prasiolite but the color is rather pastel so I am probably gonna mix in some rose quartz and prehnite with the "green amethyst".

Some new ones:

Lavenders.jpg

These are in my "Loose" gem collection. But I'll let you in on a secret. Typically I move gems in and out if I find something I like better I remove them from my collection and repurpose them. It was an agreement I had to make in order to get the "safes" I really wanted, but I find ways around that...lucky for me nothing ever looks like its a "new" item, so my collection sort of grows in secret. Anyway if I find something I like better, I might repurpose them into a piece of jewelry. (One might actually become a pendant that was formally a Tahitian pearl)

Wowzer !! Now that's some colour !!! I'm assuming from the 'threesome' that you have a pendant and earrings in mind.... oooo la la !!

Last edited:
How big are the three new pearls?

Thx Amti for the kind words, glad you liked them. You have very specific tastes so I am glad you liked the colors. The Luster is not extreme but the colors really floored me, I like them layered with tourmaline beads, but not the pristine crystal clear kind, I like the tourmaline beads with crystal inclusions and cats eyes, they share some of the same colors as the pearls.

Amti here is another pic for you and KB.
One of the new pearls in a pendant (the purple one on the lower right is now a pendant) for size comparison I added some stud earrings.

Outside (overcast day)
Closeup.jpg

2016 03 31 12.06.15

The Black Akoya with a deep purple overtone from Pearl Paradise are 6.0mm (mine)
The Peacock Edison (Carmel overtones) earrings from Pearl Paradise are 10.5mm (Mom's)
The Bead Nucked Purple pearl (it is a true purple not lavender) is 11.9, or there abouts:

(Flashlight with Filter***)
Edison Blk Akoya.jpg

Eds Blk Akoya 2.jpg

Last edited:
***Disclosure I used a flashlight with a paper towel filter.

A tip I got from a photographer friend, for in a pinch photos without a lightbox. The colors are very close to what I see with my eyes. Only the black akoya are so deep you don't see the purple overtones as well here.

Neat tip! I don't have a lightbox and was admiring the one at PP while I was there. That middle pearl is my favorite and has a really nice color, not to mention a very nice bail.

The middle is my favorite too ;)

Neat tip! I don't have a lightbox and was admiring the one at PP while I was there. That middle pearl is my favorite and has a really nice color, not to mention a very nice bail.

I am just going to place a tease right here. Sheri is working on somethings for me and I am excited about it :)

I hope everyone is doing okay under the circumstances we've faced these past several weeks.

Black PD- beautiful pendant! I love the whole thing- the bale, color, everything!

That is very kind of you thank you much!

Black PD- beautiful pendant! I love the whole thing- the bale, color, everything!

What is Sheri making for you BPD? She's making me a turtle with a SOC mabe when she comes back from vacay.

First, BPDDC I do hope your family in PR are all safe and have what they need. Second, it is so hard not to be traumatized by the horrible shootings in LV. I think we all need to take a deep breath, take stock in who we are and how we feel/react to such tragedies, and decide what we are comfortable doing to regain control over our own situations. We feel helpless until we can focus on where we can best help. For some it's prayer, for others it's advocacy, and still others it is monetary assistance. Whatever it is you do, please do it well and thoughtfully...with love and compassion for those needing help.

Now on to the fun stuff: WHAT??? A new project by Sheri...and no specifics? You really know how to tease us BPDDC. I for one cannot wait to see what it is.

Amti, a turtle!! I love her turtles.

Back