Pearl Collecting

Thanks for the feed back everyone. They are interesting pearls for sure. Metallics are amazing.

I had a gentleman in a shop trying to explain to me the difference between "sea" pearls and "freshwater" pearls....his attempt to educate me was to tell me- only sea pearls are round, this is how you know the difference, also the luster is much brighter on "sea pearls", freshwater pearls are pillow shaped and dull (it wasn't an up sell either, just lack of information:( ).

Thanks for the feed back everyone. They are interesting pearls for sure. Metallics are amazing.

I had a gentleman in a shop trying to explain to me the difference between "sea" pearls and "freshwater" pearls....his attempt to educate me was to tell me- only sea pearls are round, this is how you know the difference, also the luster is much brighter on "sea pearls", freshwater pearls are pillow shaped and dull (it wasn't an up sell either, just lack of information:( ).

Well, it just shows that he -and countless others- should be taking the CPAA's "Pearls as One" course right away!

You are tad bit late my friend...I received my "Herby Cert" last year LoL

**edited to add: Also thank you for the compliment!

Well, it just shows that he -and countless others- should be taking the CPAA's "Pearls as One" course right away!

Last edited:
Every so often BWeaves you make me spill my tea with a giggle.

Gotta love the Herby Club membership lol.

Herby Rides Again!

An Herby, the Love Bug, is pearl colored and baroque pearl shaped.

I could not decide which length to get...I like both for different reasons open collars/polos for the shorter and cold weather sweaters for the longer.

Rubber Tahitians.jpg

If I'm being honest with myself I'll probably wear the shorter one more and I like the pearl on it a bit better. Though they are both nice interesting shapes.

(PP Black Friday Sale)

Last edited:
BPDDC I prefer the shorter length....
Herby... I love being a Herby but I need a correct spelling to look pro... I haven't received the corrected certificate yet...

Pareltje- Thanks so much for the feedback. I like the short length too. The other just might become a Holiday gift.

BlackPearlDudeDC, those pearl cords both look great on you; I really favor the shorter one ... bigger pearl :)

BPD: I like the shorter one better on you.

Pareltje: Contact Bo Perry and ask about getting a correctly spelled certificate. I don't think they're being resent automatically. I had to request mine.

I have a skinny goose neck...so even short will look longer on me LOL, I kept the shorter one.

The longer became an Xmas gift. I should've bought more because my younger brothers thought they were cool and now want their own versions.

I agree .. the shorter one suits the style more !!

Here is a little mint green akoya pearl (from Wendy) that will make its way to another Sheri piece, eventually:

For Sheri.jpg

Ooh, that green akoya is adorable BlackPearlDudeDC ... I hope to see that Sheri piece!

Back