Oh my gosh I can't wait!

Can someone please clue me in? Who is Cees and how does one find such lovely stunning pearls?
Thank you
Linda

Hi Linda :) Cees is here on PG as a member. His pearl company is Amsterdam Pearls. He travels between Thailand and Europe. You can look on his website, and message him for prices, stock, wishlists etc. Good guy, honorable.

Honestly, I like the layout the way it currently is, but I also happen to really love colorful pearls. One note of caution should you wish to rearrange, be sure to measure the pearls so that you keep their graduation.

Yes JerseyPearl that is my concern which just looking at the pic it seems I can only move it one to the right because they seem similar in size. I can't wait to get them and play with the layout!

http://www.amsterdampearls.com
and also on Instagram and Facebook under his own name, Cees Van Oije

His website is not set up to buy from directly and the photos are things he has had, but may not have at present. They give you an idea of what he carries.

It a gorgeous and really fabulous strand. Can't wait to see neck shots

Honestly, I like the layout the way it currently is, but I also happen to really love colorful pearls. One note of caution should you wish to rearrange, be sure to measure the pearls so that you keep their graduation.

I agree ! I love it the way it is .. and JP makes an excellent point regarding the size. I've seen strands that people have restrung and I just want to say... ooooo you didn't measure those did you .... so be careful and measure !

A lovely strand...Cees also posted a fantastic Jewelmer strand of golden SSPs on his Insta...just sayin' for those who may be interested. He has an excellent eye for color and quality.

They are stunning! Cees has some pretty amazing pearls. I love the blue akoya he posted recently too.

I agree ! I love it the way it is .. and JP makes an excellent point regarding the size. I've seen strands that people have restrung and I just want to say... ooooo you didn't measure those did you .... so be careful and measure !

Oh yes Kat. I will be very careful. I may leave the big ones alone but in this pic the ones that bother me are the ones I have circled. Maybe slip that purple one down just one to separate those two. The others further up will likely be under my hair most times anyway.

tahitian cees.jpg

Thank you, Pearl Dreams, for the harpoon explanation. I've seen those clasps called mystery clasps too. I'm intrigued by them but like you, I would not know how to string them should a wire break. I would also want a safety on them just in case, but I'm really super cautious about stuff like that. Your gssps are beautiful, by the way. :)

Redwood, now that you've pointed it out, I see the similarity but once it is on your neck, I don't know if anyone would be able to tell. It's a gorgeous strand and I think it will look great any way you wear it. Congrats!

Hi redwood66! Welcome to P-G! Your strand is lovely, so many beautiful colors! I think I would swap out one pearl from each pair you circled with one from the opposite side, just to break up the colors a bit. But do keep the pearl size in mind. Have fun!

Hi redwood66! Welcome to P-G! Your strand is lovely, so many beautiful colors! I think I would swap out one pearl from each pair you circled with one from the opposite side, just to break up the colors a bit. But do keep the pearl size in mind. Have fun!

Genius to swap from one side to the other - no size issues! :)

Genius to swap from one side to the other - no size issues! :)

Yes great idea! Since I only have this one pic to look at right now my eye just keeps going to those 4 pearls, but may IRL it won't be so noticeable.

I actually like the strand how it is.
It really makes those colours pop.
Congratulations on such gorgeous pearls.
Be lovely to see if you do swap them about

They are here! I love the colors! So beautiful and the surface is very good. I took some pics but I am not sure how good they are. The pearls I thought were too matchy matchy do not bother me at all and they look excellent just as they are laid out. I love them. Now I need to get to practicing my stringing!

cees1.jpg

cees3.jpg

cees2.jpg

Last edited:
They are STUNNING! I love the colours and the layout is perfect. The colours really pop against each other.

Thank you! I am amazed at them and I guess I did not expect them to be this large even though I knew the size.

Back