Oh my gosh I can't wait!

Thank you all! JerseyPearl I think I will use a white metal orbit clasp to get a bit of extra length. But as far as thread color I have no idea. I have some light grey but that was purchased for some blueish pearls I have. What do you suggest with these colors?

They are gorgeous and look amazing on you!!! Congrats!!!

There are so many options for color, so it really depends on what you want to draw out from the pearls. To my eye, teal would be lovely to pull out those tones, and would compliment the golden pearls nicely. But you might also consider storm, or even a dark green like forest. I'm sure others will offer suggestions as well. You could certainly use a light grey on these as well...experiment and see which you like best! Orbit clasps are great and very easy to use.

Here's a shot of teal thread with my blues:
IMG_2410.jpg

Those are gorgeous, redwood!

That strand looks beautiful on you, Redwood! Great colors!

I got my order from Pattye! Teal, storm, and ivory thread. Needles and gimp too. I have some cheapie ebay pearls that I think I will practice with a few inches first though. I have not ordered my orbit clasp yet from Rio Grande but I have a few things in my cart there to get.

What a gorgeous strand! I'm a total newbie myself, and the sense of accomplishment from finishing a necklace was beyond what I expected. Plus, you'll have beautiful new pearls to wear.

Redwood, gorgeous pearls! Knotting looks excellent, too! Sorry I missed these posts due to cataract surgery, but all well now and catching up at last! Love the TEAL thread with Tahitians! I've used mostly the neutrals, and a few times purple and turquoise for contrast and a more casual look.

Lovely strand - you'll enjoy them especially because you put your own stamp on them by stringing them.

Redwood, gorgeous pearls! Knotting looks excellent, too! Sorry I missed these posts due to cataract surgery, but all well now and catching up at last! Love the TEAL thread with Tahitians! I've used mostly the neutrals, and a few times purple and turquoise for contrast and a more casual look.

Haha Pattye those are Cicadalady's that are finished. She was kind enough to show the teal thread up close. That is what I ended up getting and thank you for your kind note in my order. LOL. I hope I can get to stringing them soon.

Back