New Lavender Purple Baroque Strand

Gemandpearlover

I think lavender pearls are my favorite pearls. Here is my new FW bead nucleated pearl strand, 10.5 to 13.5 mm from Etsy that I thought my fellow pearl lovers would like to see. I think this is probably going to be one of my last strands for awhile due to the Corona virus.

FW bead nucleated pearl strand, 10.5 to 13.5 mm
IMG_5498.jpg
IMG_5507.jpg
IMG_5503.jpg
IMG_5485.jpg

Thank you Charlotta, Linda, 86Corvettegirl, Pearldreams and CMN. :) CMN- Your strand is amazing and is a dream strand for me.

Linda- I bought them from Lipearls on Etsy. She is a new seller and she had only 6 sales and no reviews. Her prices were very low but I have been looking a strand like this and after conversing with her I felt comfortable purchasing. Here is a pic she sent me of some of her lavender strands without the glamour lighting. I just purchased strand 2 and 6 but the rest are still available. One last hurrah before I go into spending isolation. lol

icm_fullxfull.245949246_67m92dr7cr4s8css4wgc.jpg

That might be the prettiest, true purple strand I've seen yet; Congratulations!

That is a gorgeous lavender strand! Beautiful color and nice size.

Congrats, were this splendid strand in good health :D

Nice colors! Taking a chance turned out great for you!

Thank You AZFlyGirl, Bweaves and Amti. :)

Nice colors! Taking a chance turned out great for you!

Too well. I bought 5 strands of pearls. :eek:

I fell in love with this strand (outdoor shade picture) and got a little carried away.

IMG_5682.jpg

Haha, five strands. Then you can make a really long rope. They are gorgeous strands though.

Curiosity got the better of me, so I ordered a strand. I hope others are better "pearl pickers" than me. Truly hoped to be delighted, but not so much. The strand ES-03 was 10.5 - 13.5 mm, the second I opened the very nice box I could tell the pearls were smaller. When measured they are 10.5 - 12.0 mm. The smaller pearls have very good luster, not sure I would call them metallic. The center pearl has numerous small light spots and pits, too. Here are photos in my light box and outdoors (rainy).

IMG_1867.jpg
IMG_1868.jpg
IMG_1864.jpg

Pattye, I'm sorry to agree with you on the underwhelming strand you got. Do you think they are dyed?

Oh no Pattye! I feel terrible that I recommended Li and she sent you that strand!

She sent me numerous pictures of the strands she had. I asked her which ones were the best in terms of luster and had the least blemishes and she recommended the several that I chose. There are no visible pits on any of the pearls in the strands she sent me.

When I specifically asked her the sizes of each strand many of them were 10.5 to 12.5 and some 10 to 12mm and one 10.5-13.5. The correct sizes of the pearls should have been listed as well as a description of the blemishes. That strand she sent you is not acceptable. So very sorry for this.

I attached a macro pic of the center pearls in my strands. Some pearl dust between the pearls. When I wash any pearls in my hard water the dust forms a crust on the pearls which I remove with a damp cloth. I missed a few. Some uneven ripply texture as I expected but no pits.

Cathy- I will be interested to hear Pattye's opinions on if she thinks the strand is dyed. I could not see any evidence of the pearls being dyed in the strands I received. The drill holes were not darker and I could look inside to see the light colored bead. But Pattye is and expert and I am not so I will defer to her opinion on this.

IMG_5837.jpg

Back