Need Help Identifying Maker

Daddys Little Pearl

Lovely pearl necklace just bought from a fine jewelry antique dealer, They are cultured pearls, well matched, nice luster, beautifully woven, 14K marked white gold clasp, and with a small hang tag with only the initial M in script, with the left side of the M done with a flourish. No other markings. although woven in the old style, these are not old. I googled for hours and came up with nothing. Not Mikimoto (unless they have started a new retail line with such a tag, and the M is not their style). Also not any of the M companies that I can find that are set up in California. Quality on this necklace is really wonderful, and probably am going to keep it and not sell it, but would love to find out who is making these? Clasp is Mikimoto quality for sure, sliding feature that locks, open back, etc. Could not find anything even in this style for sale in a google search. Help needed, thanks!

Daddys Little Pearl

DSCN0364.jpgDSCN0365.jpgDSCN0366.jpgDSCN0367.jpgDSCN0368.jpgDSCN0369.jpg

Checked Gump's (San Francisco) designer's for "M" or "_M" but found nothing. Very sweet and elegant. They look like freshwater.... would anyone agree? (I am trying to sharpen my eye)

I agree. I think they are Freshwater and I have seen patterns made like that in China.
Notice the center pearl is drilled in a 'v' or 'u', an advanced weaving technique for pearls.
Judging from the lights' reflections on different pearls, they are not very round, but have some eggy pearls.

It makes a necklace of outstanding interest and above average quality.

Thanks, I knew they are definitely cultured pearls, too well matched for anything else, the pearls size is approx 2.75mm or a little smaller, nice ivory white, they are probably a little rounder than the photo makes them look. What has me so curious is that hours of googling can not turn up even a simple woven pearls necklace, plus a search on ebay as well. Is there any other term I should be calling these other than woven pearl ? It is just really rare when I can't find something on the web via google, (my nickname in the antique mall is queen of google). Having seen strands at both bead show and a pearl wholesaler of this size, these are definitely more matched and round, but not perfect rounds. I still think the fancy M on the tag could be two initial merging together.

Daddys Little Pearl

The hexagonal weave is hard to find. The closest I could get was the shape and I'm sure it was nowhere near the quality - $150 at pirates booty.
1265black.jpg

From the photo, I wondered if the letters were "SH" or "SM".

Happy, thanks for the Fay Cullen link, her necklace is very much like mine, similar pearls, similar clasp. I had never heard of this internet store before. Still does not answer the initials on the clasp, but you have turned up the closest thing so far, THANKS!

Daddys Little Pearl

I Found It ! Found the maker of my lovely cultured pearl necklace, totally by accident, a bracelet with that dangly little metal tag with the artsy M showed up while I was cruising First Dibs for pearls, and I found her website. The designer is Marina J and she has a lovely site with her beautiful jewelry including woven pearl jewelry. Hope I am not overstepping the rules on promoting sales, but I am so excited to find out about my necklace (plus the fact I got it at less than half of what it sold for), and I think all the pearls lovers will enjoy viewing her work . Here is the link: http://www.marinaj.com

Oh, so happy you found out about your very special necklace. Marina's work is exquisite!!!

So pleased you found it and so pleased you kept us up-dated.
Loved looking at her website, what beautiful creations.
Thank you for sharing!

Thanks, I knew they are definitely cultured pearls, too well matched for anything else, the pearls size is approx 2.75mm or a little smaller, nice ivory white, they are probably a little rounder than the photo makes them look. What has me so curious is that hours of googling can not turn up even a simple woven pearls necklace, plus a search on ebay as well. Is there any other term I should be calling these other than woven pearl ? It is just really rare when I can't find something on the web via google, (my nickname in the antique mall is queen of google). Having seen strands at both bead show and a pearl wholesaler of this size, these are definitely more matched and round, but not perfect rounds. I still think the fancy M on the tag could be two initial merging together.

Daddys Little Pearl

nice pearls, the luster also good, we do not have that size in South Sea

Back