Necklace Project - Need Opinions

PW - I've bought some really nice Chinese Turquoise before ..it might have been from Turquoise Chick ...I'll have to check. I'm very careful about Turquoise but as we know..the vast majority is very processed ...and I don't mind that . What I don't like as the folks selling dyed Howlite as Turquoise. You have to watch for the capital T .. but often it's just a straight out lie. Sort of like Tahitian black pearls ..using the name as a colour.
But the big sellers like Dakota are very straight up in stating Origin.

My turquoise beads came in and they were a perfect match to my sleeping beauty turquoise nuggets. I ended up using more turquoise throughout, removed the spessarite garnet, added larger pipestone, and added more carnelian. It looks substantially different. I like it.
I've also decided that I'm going to make a wire wrapped necklace with the spessarite, and the smaller pipestone and rhodolite pieces, in 22k yellow gold for a warm tones only feel. But that'll have to wait a while!
Here's the reworked necklace:
IMG_4443.jpg

Earrings to go with:
IMG_4561.jpg

That turned out really nice, MSC! Still maintains a nice asymmetrical feel too. Look forward to seeing the 'leftovers" necklace too; it sounds nice :)

MSC--What a wonderful necklace and earrings! Great balance of color and proportion...I love it!!

Thank you, Cathy, kat, PW, and Pattye!
I think what helped was that I made up some "rules" for the design. Pipestone next to turquoise, gold bead flanked by turquoise. etc.

Back